project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Name your favorite maps for PR v0.85
Al Basrah 234 32.19%
Asad Khal 204 28.06%
Assault on Mestia 111 15.27%
Battle for Qinling 107 14.72%
Bi Ming 51 7.02%
EJOD Desert 120 16.51%
Fallujah West 319 43.88%
Fools Road 161 22.15%
Jabal Al Burj 145 19.94%
Karbala 138 18.98%
Kashan Desert 231 31.77%
Kozelsk 182 25.03%
Korengal Valley 209 28.75%
Muttrah City 335 46.08%
Operation Barracuda 156 21.46%
Operation Archer 208 28.61%
Operation Ghost Train 102 14.03%
Qwai River 166 22.83%
Ramiel 180 24.76%
Tad Sae 51 7.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 727. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Favorite PR v0.85, v0.86 & v0.87 Maps

List the maps you think are best for PR v0.85.

The 4 maps not included in this list (post below if you wanted to vote for them, there is only 20 choices for poll):
Code:
7 Gates
Road to Kyongan Ni
Sunset City
Al Kufrah Oilfields

Give a brief description of why you think each map was good, or just use the poll up to you.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Favorite PR v0.85 Maps

Asad Kahl is the best infantry combat I've had in PR in a while, and its Brits. (only problem with it is the cave with the rope bridge is kinda...odd.

But I've been loving qinling 16, setting up FBs against each other and having 50cal duels is aweomse. But Qinling, Kashan, Barra and to an extent Muttrah are underplayed atm in favour of West Fallujah etc. Hopefully the older maps will get the attention they deserve in a month or two. (I really miss the Kashan 24/7 servers.)

In fact I don't think there are any 24/7 map servers on at all? Which is a shame if u ask me.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Matze:O:G:H

I like a lot but i cant stand Kashan Desert. Its a very boring map for Inf.
Take FH2 as an example they just managed it to make an exciting desert map for both, Inf based fights and tanks...

But all in all the PR maps are the best i have ever seen!1!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Asad Kahl is the best infantry combat I've had in PR in a while, and its Brits. (only problem with it is the cave with the rope bridge is kinda...odd.

But I've been loving qinling 16, setting up FBs against each other and having 50cal duels is aweomse. But Qinling, Kashan, Barra and to an extent Muttrah are underplayed atm in favour of West Fallujah etc. Hopefully the older maps will get the attention they deserve in a month or two. (I really miss the Kashan 24/7 servers.)

In fact I don't think there are any 24/7 map servers on at all? Which is a shame if u ask me.
I think there is a 24/7 Fallujah server.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
STORM-Mama

Kozelsk. Love the fact that you can have one team with lots of armour facing another team with mostly technicals and other light vehicle - and it's working! The roadside ambushes I've experienced on that map were epic beyond belief!
And it's also a beautiful and detailed map.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
Molyporph

Yeah, Kozelsk is awesome. It's very intense with the often hard-to-take flags and long, tactical firefights! Love the visual feel of it as well.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
$kelet0r

Kozelsk is very very cool - it's a shame the Militia faction aren't more unique to take full advantage of it. Edit - Actually that does not do it justic - Kolzelsk is perhaps the best PR map ever made. It's beautiful, it's so detailed, the gameplay is fantastic, it feels real and it flows perfectly. Who made it?
The new looking Archer is great too - although the hunt the cache gamemode still needs alot of work. Archer as AAS or command and conquer would be very interesting

Asad Khal - IMO a test map for the new statics and crops. Spamtastic.
Fallujah West - great map, I'd love to see the rural areas gone if possible in favour of a more heavily urban map
Fools Road - Some very strange flag locations
Karbala - Very strange layout, very spammy gameplay
Korengal Valley - I loathe/love this map. Love how lovingly it was made. Loathe the awful gameplay - it's more meat-grinder than vanilla Karkand at times. If only the insurgents spawned at the edges of the map and worked their way in so they could be played more carefully and realistically and the US could play more realistically trying to push them back out, instead of spawning 20m outside the US base and then every few metres after that for a full round.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

$kelet0r, I'm guessing you havent played the 0.85 version of Korengal yet? Most of that was fixed.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 02-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
Who Dares Wins

Asad Kahl is ace. Awesome urban combat throughout the entire match and best of all it's for the British!

Kozleks comes in a close second, it's just so big and ace!

In-Game: OscarCharlieDelta
Ironicly my name isn't Oscar or Charlie...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
PARAMEDIC.CA
Retired PR Developer

Hehe... dunno if a mapping DEV should post here... but, gonna anyways

My favorites: well for me there is a four way tie.
  • Korengal (simply magical!!! Its an absolutely gorgeous map with a fantastic design)
  • Kozelesk (intense map! wonderful work making this map)
  • Jabal (an oldie but goodie, I love the concept)
  • Qwai River (this map is still turning out fantastic rounds!!! IRONTAXI is legendary for his artistic, yet functional level designs)

Paramedic

Tags
086, favorite, maps, v085, v086, v087