project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
26 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
12GuageShotty
Banned
Default Radar on planes

Well after using the search engine on this site and looking at about 3 pages of posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the keyword "radar" I decided to start a post. Pretty useless search engine btw, or maybe im just not using it correctly.

Anyways my question is what does the "Radar off" in the bottom left of the HUD when you get into a jet do, and how do you use it? And yes, I have read the PR manual and im certain its not in there.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Teek
Supporting Member

Default Re: Radar on planes

The opposing aircraft do not get radar lock, like the vanilla tactic of switching to bombs so you can sneak up behind a jet and gun him down.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
paratrooper[BG]

Send a message via Skype™ to paratrooper[BG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teek View Post
The opposing aircraft do not get radar lock, like the vanilla tactic of switching to bombs so you can sneak up behind a jet and gun him down.
lol like desert combat

Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
12GuageShotty
Banned

Ummm.... what? I have no idea what you mean by radar lock, do you mean by spotting or missle locking or what? Im still totally confused with what it does, and how to turn it on.
And you cant sneak up behind jets anymore with bombs on? They still get missle lock warning?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

It says its off because radar is hardcoded, and we cant not remove the ability to see everything, only air, only ground or nothing. so instead of giving the aircraft magic radar we removed it completely. Hence the radar is off.

I'll try to remember this little thing when the new wiki goes up and i'll add it in

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 01-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
12GuageShotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
It says its off because radar is hardcoded, and we cant not remove the ability to see everything, only air, only ground or nothing.
Is the cant not bit a typo or does that mean what I think it does, which is you can? Double negative there

And im still totally confused here, please someone explain it to me like im a retard kid. Draw a picture with some crayons or something to help me out here
Last edited by 12GuageShotty; 01-20-2009 at 03:30 PM..
Old 01-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Yeah let me clear that up.

Bf2 engine has radar ability, but the radar is ether everything shows up or nothing shows up. We can not say just show aircraft or just show ground targets. It shows everything: players, vehicles, and aircraft.

So because this is unrealistic (like seeing players underground) we removed the ability all together and let players work with teammates to mark targets.

Updated:
http://www.realitymod.com/guide/Vehicles

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
12GuageShotty
Banned

Ok so let me get this straight, its just there to piss me off and has no purpose of being there. Gotcha

Thanks for the help btw CodeRedFox
Old 01-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

Ehm, don't you get Radar Off when you have bombs or stuff equipped, and Radar On when you equip missiles that can get a lock?

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
Alex6714

Well it depends on what you define as radar, what it means on the hud is just basically "only cannons selected" but in a better looking manner, so you donĀ“t alert the aircraft you are targeting.

Something like this would be more like radar.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"

Tags
jets, planes, radar