project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
28 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
SHAz_181
Default Odd text box in top left corner - Language Bar issue

Well, since yesterday, I've been having this really annoying bloody bug. A text box appears in the top left and won't go away. Whatever I press, it's inputted into that box and turns into chinese or japanese symbols sometimes, it's all really buggered up. I can still play the game, but it's really annoying because it goes along the top and flickers alot, plus sometimes it will do the windows 'error' sound a bunch of times if I hold a key down for too long. It also makes typing messages impossible because it seems to only input it into the text box. I've yet to find what triggers this, but I'm sure it's not constantly there. I'll get a screencap if need be.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
[NPK]ShieldBreaker

Default Re: Odd text box in top left corner

Sounds like it's your console mate. Activate and deactivate by pressing "end" button, between tab and esc.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
SHAz_181

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NPK]ShieldBreaker View Post
Sounds like it's your console mate. Activate and deactivate by pressing "end" button, between tab and esc.
No, it's not the console. This one is just a single line, and its length increases as you press more buttons. Pressing enter gets rid of the text in it but it still keeps doing it. Opening/closing the console does nothing. And as I said, I can still play the game fine but without being able to type messages, it's just really annoying
Old 01-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
Tomato-Rifle

Send a message via MSN to Tomato-Rifle Send a message via Skype™ to Tomato-Rifle

screenshots please?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
SHAz_181

Hmm, that's really weird. It doesn't show up in the screenshot. It must be something else.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to Deadfast

Are you using Fraps to capture the screenshot?

Try to simply printscreen and past into mspaint or similar.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
jOHNNYdOUBE
Supporting Member

Key-stroke-logger?

Old 01-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
Proff3ssorXman

Send a message via MSN to Proff3ssorXman Send a message via Skype™ to Proff3ssorXman

Are u by any chance using an ASUS built and manufactured computer by any chance?

I was playing BF2 singleplayer out at my Grandmas place once and when I pressed the caps lock to look at the map or shift to sprint a lot of times, a long large white box would flicker up the top and my mouse would automatically lock onto the box which would fill up with korean characters.

I think I tried everything including alt+tab out of game to find a language converter thingie running in task manager. Once I ended that the thing went away only to come back.

Somehow I traced it back to a programme that converts the english keyboard into chinese korean etc. That was by alt+tab whilst the box was up and pressing all the buttons to keep it up on the desktop, then I think there is an option under all the gibberish to turn the damned thing off.

Now I sometimes get the capslock symbol come up in the bottom right but that is pretty normal.

P.S sorry for the longwinded post.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
SHAz_181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proff3ssorXman View Post
Are u by any chance using an ASUS built and manufactured computer by any chance?

I was playing BF2 singleplayer out at my Grandmas place once and when I pressed the caps lock to look at the map or shift to sprint a lot of times, a long large white box would flicker up the top and my mouse would automatically lock onto the box which would fill up with korean characters.

I think I tried everything including alt+tab out of game to find a language converter thingie running in task manager. Once I ended that the thing went away only to come back.

Somehow I traced it back to a programme that converts the english keyboard into chinese korean etc. That was by alt+tab whilst the box was up and pressing all the buttons to keep it up on the desktop, then I think there is an option under all the gibberish to turn the damned thing off.

Now I sometimes get the capslock symbol come up in the bottom right but that is pretty normal.

P.S sorry for the longwinded post.
I think that was pretty much it, I guessed by the japanese characters that it'd be something to do with languages settings. All fixed now.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAz_181 View Post
I think that was pretty much it, I guessed by the japanese characters that it'd be something to do with languages settings. All fixed now.
I had the same thing and it was the language bar. Just go through and close out the language bar stuff before playin PR :\

It was always a pain though, very frustrating

Glad its fixed
Closed Thread

Tags
bar, box, corner, issue, language, left, odd, text, top