project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
ostupidman
Supporting Member

Default Dynamic Stamina Regeneration

I have a really strong feeling that this will fall under the scope of hardcoded, but I thought I would bring it up anyway. I did a search and also looked through the previously suggested thread so I apologize if its a resuggestion.

Would it be possible to have the stamina recharge at different rates depending upon the percentage remaining in the bar? Example being if my squad is in say Ramiel and bounding across streets. Most likely we will use less than half our stamina bar to get across to cover. Meaning that we did not tax ourselves to much and should quickly be able to regain our strength.

Where as someone who sprints full tilt across a large open expanse, has exhausted most of his energy and would take much longer to recover.

This i think would reward those that use the sprint tactically as it is meant to be, but yet not punish those who do use all their stamina.

I'm not proposing to decrease the time it takes to restore a full stamina bar, just that perhaps no stamina to half stamina bar takes like 60% of the time to refill while half to full stamina bar takes only 40% of the total time to recharge.

I do realize this is probably not codeable.

If brute force doesn't work.......your not using enough of it.
ostupidman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Default Re: Dynamic Stamina Regeneration

Awesome idea and i think it would be realistic.
But as you said..
codeable?

Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
single.shot (nor)

might be better with different stance regen.

this is quite exploitable

War is a huge matter for a nation. it's the field of life and death, destruction and survival, and such matters cannot be left unstudied. - Sun Tzu
single.shot (nor) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
Dude388

Actually this brings up a question, does your current stance or even standing still affect how fast your sprint recharges? I only ask because I've never noticed it it does and this seemed the best place to ask.

Dude388 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

As far as I know, current stamina regens faster as follows:

Still > Movement
Prone > Crouch = Standing

i.e. it's fastest whilst lying prone and staying still. It's much slower if you're standing and/or moving.

I think the difference in speeds for those stances is the only variable that can be changed; I'm pretty sure you can't change the speed based on what percentage has been depleted. dbazo would know much better than me, that I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
Raymond.Reiloff

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post

Still > Movement

i.e. it's fastest whilst lying prone and staying still. It's much slower if you're standing and/or moving.

I think the difference in speeds for those stances is the only variable that can be changed; I'm pretty sure you can't change the speed based on what percentage has been depleted. dbazo would know much better than me, that I'm pretty sure that's not possible.
umm sorry but i am slow...is this how it is implemented in Pr right now?

Raymond.Reiloff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Sounds about right, what part didnt you get? Might be easier to answer your question

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post

Still > Movement

i didnt think taht would be possible w/ teh engine!?!?!?!
and if it is in right now i havent noticed it at all

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
Raymond.Reiloff

hehehe as i said im slow

so here goes:

lying prone and staying still is the way to go to regain stamina "fastest"?

Raymond.Reiloff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
PlaynCool

So when we run out of sprint we go prone and camp the area, waiting our stamina to increase btw the stamina should increase with highest rates when crouch because the body is bent(?dont know the word) and the blood can reach all the muscles faster(and the fatigue goes away faster) compared to prone and standing because when you are prone or standing the body is stretched?(again dont know the word lol).
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamic, regeneration, stamina