project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Su34
Default Hamas vs. Israely Game Mode- Discussion

Hi guys,
Yesterday I read in the newspaper about the latest fights between Israel and the Hamas. I was a bit sad about the many dead people on both sides, that had to dy for actually no reason. Well, I don’t want to discuss about this war, but about the idea, that came in my mind, after I was thinking about it for a while. I had the idea for a new game mode in PR that is based on the conflict in Gaza. Maybe it is a sign for being addicted to PR if you think about the game while reading a newspaper report.

Anyway, I didn’t want to post it into the suggestions forum, because it sounds always like a request to the Devs, and that’s what I don’t want to make it look like. I just want do hear your thoughts about it an discuss it a little bit. If someone has the time (I know, a new game mod is LOT of work) to realise it, it could bring some great felling to PR, and if nobody has the time to do it…well, I gonna see it as English practise for me

Ok, to make a long story short, my idea is more for the IDF community faction or maybe the Russians, but that’s not important now!
I thought about a map which is divided into to parts: One part is the Israeli side with a small city an, of course, the military camp. The other one is Gaza with soldiers of the Hamas and maybe also some village. Between them, there would be the border between these two countries, it could look like this: (Yea, sad, that such walls are still built up between countries in this world…)

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 20080419xxl200804191426jv4.jpg

The rest of the game mode is also orientated on the current conflict. The Hamas get some stationary missile, that spawn randomly like weapon-caches. Their goal is it, to fire them over the wall into the Israeli city and destroy a number of houses, maybe some religious buildings or what ever. These rocket positions reload pretty fast, so that you can fire one missile every minute. This sounds quite a lot, but in reality they fired around 60 missiles, in one or two days, but of course, discuss about the numbers . To balance this amount, these missiles should be very inaccurate, like the ones in RL, since they are made more or less at home and fired from very primitive launch pats.
Apart from the missiles they can also try to cross the border (which might be well protected by the IDF) an put some IEDs on the houses they want to destroy. Of course they must try not to get discovered by the enemy…

The IDF also have a hard job! First they have to invade the Gaza Strip and fight the Hamas’ soldiers. As soon as they succeeded the must try to find and destroy the launch pats to prevent the terrorists from destroying their country. As if this was not enugh, the also have to protect the borderline against enemies who try to cross it through the checkpoints or over the wall.
If the fail to stop them crossing the border, they must try to find them as soon as possible, before the terrorists succeed to destroy some important buildings.
They would win the round by soon as all rocked pats have been destroyed (maybe a ticked bleed for the Hamas, since they can still start bomb attacks)

In short: The Hamas can shoot missiles into the Israeli territory and can try to get there with some bombes. Their goal: Destroy a certain number of buildings.
The IDF must prevent the Terrorists from destroying their buildings by killing their invaders or by destroying their rocked positions.

Of course you will find some elements from the insurgency game mod (eg.: randomly spawning rocked launchers, search and destroy of launch pats…) but I think there is one major difference: Both sides must attack and defend. Up to now one Team is defending while the other one is attacking. Here you have a variety of possibilities how you can win the game or how you can at least try to do it
There is a much bigger diversity of possibilities than in the other game modes.

Again: This is no real suggestion, I just want to hear your thoughts, although I think this mode would bring a completely new aspect into PR!
Last edited by Su34; 12-30-2008 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Picture didn't work...
Old 12-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Smuke

Default Re: Hamas vs. Israely Game Mode- Discussion

This will be hard, I mean, will there be much CQB,or just firing rockets?

In-Game Name: SmukeUK
Wild_Bill: Smuke, you are a true ninja!.
Smuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
[PR]AC3421

I think it sounds great. Could definitely work. ^ CQB would be had when the IDF makes there way into Gaza to destroy the Missles, the Hamas would have to defend.
[PR]AC3421 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
[T]waylay00

Send a message via AIM to [T]waylay00

This sounds pretty cool. It's basically like a two-sided insurgency mode. The only foreseeable problem would be getting enough to people to attack or defend (i.e. - so not everyone defends or attacks).

Would the launchers be too easy to see once they shoot a rocket?
[T]waylay00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
Smuke

Maybe if you shot them from a compound, you couldnt make out the direct location?

In-Game Name: SmukeUK
Wild_Bill: Smuke, you are a true ninja!.
Smuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
Su34

Quote:
The only foreseeable problem would be getting enough to people to attack or defend
Yes, thats something I was thinking about as well. But with good teamwork you could manage it...

Quote:
Would the launchers be too easy to see once they shoot a rocket?
Good question, depends on, how you realise it!
Su34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
space
Banned

I personally wouldn't like to see this in PR. I see the situation over there as being very similar to the apartheid in South Africa, and has no place PR.

Not only that but it would be very hard to make it realistic and balanced ( I know some of you will compare it to Afghanistan, but its very different imo )
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

a border type map sounds like a good idea
[R-DEV]Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanc View Post
I personally wouldn't like to see this in PR. I see the situation over there as being very similar to the apartheid in South Africa, and has no place PR.

Not only that but it would be very hard to make it realistic and balanced ( I know some of you will compare it to Afghanistan, but its very different imo )
i dont see how this war is any different than any other war...

anyway probably the best place for this thread is in the israeli community mod section
Israeli Defense Forces Mod - Project Reality Forums

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
akatabrask

Yeah i like the idea of this game mode very much - basicly some sort of double insurgensy but still with some "unmirrored balance" (gosh, what's that called again :P).

So if i got it right: both teams need to take down important structures of the other team.
One teams pros is they know enemy structures location (they are fixed) and have powerfull, long range weapons.
Their cons on the other hand is that they have crude weapons/vehicles (as current insurgents) and the main weapon reload pretty slow (though one minute seems to short too me) and is very inacurate.

And for the other team it's basically the other way.

Though I can see that some people won't like the idea of using a too much real conflict happening right now as this conflict is but that's up to other people than me to judge.
But a solution to this issue could be to do something as simple as using the current insurgency gamemode just switching the caches to some sort of mortar pounding the *ss out of some coalition military base and perhaps also removing the intel points as you probably pretty easily would zero out a mortar position from sounds and such.

This would also be a perfect situation to introduce man controlled mortars into the game which alot of people seem to want.
akatabrask is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, game, hamas, israely, mode