project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
Chanvlan

Default US Test Multiple kill Vehicle

here is a recent story about the newest defence in america.

US government reveals Multiple Kill Vehicle

Mod DB's Modcast: Guy: So what new things will be in Future PR releases.
Katarn: Fastropes, yeh fast ropes, and you can shoot while your on the ropes.
Chanvlan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
space
Banned
Default Re: US Test Multiple kill Viechle

Its still very early days for it and theres a very good chance it will be cancelled in the next few months.
The whole idea behind it pretty flawed anyway, because if Russia attacked it would be useless, due to the numbers involved and decoys, and the "rouge nations" they say it protects against dont have anywhere near the range to hit the US, and are unlikely to for a very long time.

PS - this should probably be in the military hardware section.
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:53 AM   #3
stozzcheese

insurgents beware

smee for [R-CON]
stozzcheese is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 AM   #4
BetterDeadThanRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanc View Post
Its still very early days for it and theres a very good chance it will be cancelled in the next few months.
The whole idea behind it pretty flawed anyway, because if Russia attacked it would be useless, due to the numbers involved and decoys, and the "rouge nations" they say it protects against dont have anywhere near the range to hit the US, and are unlikely to for a very long time.

PS - this should probably be in the military hardware section.
Ah but I have done quite a bit of research into this, and you better be fearful. This technology means that it will become far cheaper to assemble missile defenses en masse. when this happens, its only a matter of time before they will be inexpensive enough to produce in large enough quantities to make nuclear war a profitable endeavor. How convenient with the energy wars around the corner. I say to you, beware.

LeMazing.
BetterDeadThanRed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #5
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

Moved to a more appropriate forum. Spaceman, I doubt whether we really need to fear Rouge nations

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
hiberNative

Default Re: US Test Multiple kill Vehicle

those adjustment rockets are intense. interesting concept.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
President-elect Barack Obama has publically criticised the highly complex program, which will cost an estimated A$80.6 billion between 2004 and 2009, saying he would not "weaponise space".
Hmm.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #8
WNxKenwayy

You know what, screw that. Let's weaponize the shit out of space. At least it will develop it instead of the pathetic advancements we've made since the 60's.
WNxKenwayy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
Pariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxKenwayy View Post
You know what, screw that. Let's weaponize the shit out of space. At least it will develop it instead of the pathetic advancements we've made since the 60's.
You know, because there's all this stuff to take advantage of in space.

Oh, wait.

The only use space has to us is the ability to build materials that have use in zero-g environments, ie: space. If you did some research, maybe you'd figure out that our advancements haven't exactly been pathetic. What was pathetic was the death of 17 US astronauts from Apollo 1 to present, because people think that getting to space is more important than human life.

If you really think that popping a few dozen satellites full of missiles or other weapons into space is going to solve problems, you're sorely mistaken. Boots on the ground, helping fix the situation, solve problems.
Pariel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #10
daranz

The thing looks pretty awesome while in hover. It looks really stable for something hovering by firing a bunch of thrusters rapidly. Who cares if it can actually do anything

daranz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kill, multiple, test, vehicle, viechle