project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:11 AM   #1
unrealalex
Default [AAR] This is how you fly the attack huey on Baracuda.

Yup, 39-0 with the attack huey. I'm not bragging for myself though, there's no way I could have achieved that without my squad. We had incredible teamwork.

Our strategy was to do strafing runs in a group. Empty transport choppers lead the way, they flared and took most of the fire. I always flew last in our formation so that's why I survived. If a 50 cal started shooting somewhere, I would pick up where it is by the tracers and take it out. We took out multiple enemy firebases, stationary AA's. Instead of always coming in from the same side, we mixed it up. The enemy had a firebase on the end of the airstrip so we would come in from the north for a frontal assault on one run and fly around the island and come in from the south on the next run.

I think I had a guardian angel watching over me that game Because not only did my game not crash and I wasn't kicked by pb, but a lot of the times it was like the 50 cals did not see me.

In the end, our team capped the Chinese main. We beat them even though the AONO clan was on the chinese side, and they're a pretty good clan.

Glorious.
unrealalex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:44 AM   #2
Nouniquenicks
Default Re: This is how you fly the attack huey on Baracuda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
In the end, our team capped the Chinese main. We beat them even though the AONO clan was on the chinese side, and they're a pretty good clan.

Glorious.
Haha thanks, we joined about 10 mins before the game ended, but i still saw you guys ripping us up with the Hueys. Nice job using the transport Hueys as bait / using up their flares.
Nouniquenicks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:08 AM   #3
unrealalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouniquenicks View Post
Haha thanks, we joined about 10 mins before the game ended
Ah that explains it.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
Cptkanito

Send a message via MSN to Cptkanito

Must have been a good round, you use joystick or mouse and keyboard? i can never get the aiming right with a joystick i keep having to adjust my angle or attack every second which is pretty annoying...

Cptkanito is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
blaat123

nice round!

but i think its better i you have your sqd leader on the ground wich can set markers. This way you can shoot without even seeing the target.

blaat123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
unrealalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptkanito View Post
Must have been a good round, you use joystick or mouse and keyboard? i can never get the aiming right with a joystick i keep having to adjust my angle or attack every second which is pretty annoying...
Helicopters with a joystick = no no in PR.
Way too difficult.

And noooo, I've been beat nice job man. Yea we didn't have a commander and it was just 3 of us pilots. That's a good idea though, having a spotter. Would also be nice if infantry squads could tell the commander and he could tell us.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
NickO

Why are you flying such a valuable asset if you frequently experience PB kicks and CTD's?
NickO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
unrealalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickO View Post
Why are you flying such a valuable asset if you frequently experience PB kicks and CTD's?
Because I'm good with it, and who said they were frequent? Once a game every once in a while.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
NickO

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
Because I'm good with it, and who said they were frequent? Once a game every once in a while.
Quote:
I think I had a guardian angel watching over me that game Because not only did my game not crash and I wasn't kicked by pb
There. You expected it to happen.
NickO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
unrealalex

Nowhere says it was frequent and the main point of that sentence was 50 cals not seeing me. Will you drop it or do we have to argue English grammar next?

Tags
aar, attack, baracuda, fly, huey