project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Kruder

Kruder's Avatar
Default Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

1)1st of all putting a look down view for the choppers,since ALL of the transport choppers both in game and both in RL have glasses to look down,i dont believe that there is anything to discuss about on #1.

2)Give your pilots a visible clue/warning if a missile is fired upon them(f.e the big black X in a red square just like in vanilla BF2),.
If i happen to look back while flying a jet,i almost have no chance to hear the lock on warning in time,because of the monstrous engine sound.I dont think there is anything to debate here too...

3)Dump down the engine volume of both planes and choppers for the pilots flying them.
Most of the players cant hear most of the voip messages while flying.

4) a)tune down the noise made by both aircraft and airplanes globally(for every player),its obvious that NO soldier could have ever heard an a10 taking off or her engines being warmed while standing to next to his hangar 500 kms away.Not to mention the sound bug,where u keep hearing a plane flying,although she was shot down 5 minutes ago.

b)tune down the noise made by all kinds of aircraft in proportion to their altitude.

If u ever watched the youtube videos of LOW flying aircraft or have witnessed one flying over u at low altitude,ull understand this,at least supposed to.The issue is u DONT HEAR them if they aren't very close.That is because the sound waves dont travel freely when they are flying low,since most of them hit the ground and then they are dispersed to different directions,also they are flying around at 0.75,0.50 speed of sound during their attack runs(which can be taken as average speed)

5)Either get rid of binoculars from non pick up kits(exluding AA,AT,LAT,Sniper and marksman kit) whole,or tune down their ability to zoom

Reasons,its really not wise to implement 4x,8x zoom leveled binoculars -like their RL counterparts- to a combat enviroment with 800-900 meters visible range.By implementing these,everybody will see everybody,and no1 has ability to hide,unless behind a hill or insinde a building.We didnt have binocs in 0.6(AFAIR) only officers had them,and that made the game quite interesting,because officers were giving orders according to what they saw and noone else could see what they were seeing.This would represent officers having more training or more information being passed to them during a firefight,and having more control over his squad,since he is able to see things,his soldiers cant see.

6)tune down the zoom ability for scoped rifles(excluding snipers),same argument here,u implement x4 zooms to the scopes like their RL counterparts,while ignoring the fact that IRL we have visibility up to 10s of kms,instead of 850 meters.Also if u tune down the ability to zoom with scoped rifles,u wont have to mess up with deviation to balance that scope zoom,thus less bitching from players.

7)added via edit:Put a delay to drive vehicles, f.e when 1 guy tries to drive away after gunning down an entire squad with his jeep's 0.50 cal,to avoid the remaining LAT guy

Logic being:we have a delay activate everything from proper aiming to taxing an airplane from firing a 0.50 cal to set up a HAT.However we dont have the delay for drivers.Dunno put 1-2 sec delay before throttler is activated.


Hope u read it and give feedback
Kruder is offline
Last edited by Kruder; 10-17-2008 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: as
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
5)Either get rid of binoculars from non pick up kits(exluding AA,AT,LAT,Sniper and marksman kit) whole,or tune down their ability to zoom

Reasons,its really not wise to implement 4x,8x zoom leveled binoculars -like their RL counterparts- to a combat enviroment with 800-900 meters visible range.By implementing these,everybody will see everybody,and no1 has ability to hide,unless behind a hill or insinde a building.We didnt have binocs in 0.6(AFAIR) only officers had them,and that made the game quite interesting,because officers were giving orders according to what they saw and noone else could see what they were seeing.This would represent officers having more training or more information being passed to them during a firefight,and having more control over his squad,since he is able to see things,his soldiers cant see.
I disagree with this idea. But, i wanted to say if they decreased the level of zoom, it would actually make the problem you're talking about worse. Since you'll be able to see twice as much on the screen while still zoomed in half as much. Taking them out completely would be the ideal answer, but like i said, i disagree with this idea.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
Raniak

Raniak's Avatar
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

The best would be to make the binoculars less precise. Perhaps I just lack the training but when I use binocs in real life, I can't pinpoint something in one second even if I'm already looking at it before raising the binoculars... There's the "blur" too.

Perhaps moving the "center" of the binocular effect a little, so you can't just point at something with your mouse, press 8 (?) and be pinpoint on it.

Raniak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:48 AM   #4
Th3Exiled
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

Completely disagree with your statement about binoculars and scopes. First of all, it is realistic for binoculars to be in all the conventional kits and kits should have what they do in real life. Second, changing the amount of zoom to a level other than that of their real life counter parts isn't realistic. Yes, in most cases the view distance is a lot smaller than in real life, but in real life you can identify things from further away because you are not restricted to a screen with a small resolution.
Also binoculars are very important and can enhance the game, it can be used to direct fire and spot incoming enemies which can help team play. It gives the players who take it slow and tactical an advantage. It is useful when planning to cross an open area because you can search for threats before you cross/while an ally crosses. It is useful for identifying possible threats so you avoid a friendly fire incident or shooting a civilian, even though a lot of people shoot them on purpose (which is the biggest problem with the civilian class in my opinion). If a player is patient enough to check an area out and not just rush in they should have an advantage over the other situation.
I play medic in squads a lot, I try to keep myself alive as long as I can, any way possible without sacrificing my duties. During these games, I will stick in cover whenever possible and I do whatever I can to help my squad mates, one of which is keeping an eye out for places enemies are likely to be that my squad is unlikely to see. The binoculars are vital to this duty among other duties I must carry out.
If binoculars were removed it would hurt certain aspects of the game a lot and people can hide fine, in fact, people can hide even when tanks are around and they have their 50x zoom. People rely on their in game map too much at the moment, and removing the binoculars would only increase that.

Also I remember reading somewhere on this forum that adding a delay to driving has been tried but it didn't work properly or something, not too sure on the details. Though I’m not too sure on how they got the jets to have the warm up period if that is the case, does it use a parameter that is only usable in helicopters and jets?

Exiled.
Th3Exiled is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:51 AM   #5
Schlapperklange
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
2)Give your pilots a visible clue/warning if a missile is fired upon them(f.e the big black X in a red square just like in vanilla BF2),.
If i happen to look back while flying a jet,i almost have no chance to hear the lock on warning in time,because of the monstrous engine sound.I dont think there is anything to debate here too...
No. In real-life its very hard to detect a IR-missile fired upon you. And there is no lock-on that can be detected! You just can spot the missile with your eyes or detect it with IR-sensors (max. range 3-5 km) after they are fired (they can just detect the bright exhaust flames).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
3)Dump down the engine volume of both planes and choppers for the pilots flying them.
Most of the players cant hear most of the voip messages while flying.
I agree. That would be good. As pilot you should wear a headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
4) a)tune down the noise made by both aircraft and airplanes globally(for every player),its obvious that NO soldier could have ever heard an a10 taking off or her engines being warmed while standing to next to his hangar 500 kms away.Not to mention the sound bug,where u keep hearing a plane flying,although she was shot down 5 minutes ago.
Thats difficult, because in PR the maps are much smaller than 500 km. The A-10 is always near.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
5)Either get rid of binoculars from non pick up kits(exluding AA,AT,LAT,Sniper and marksman kit) whole,or tune down their ability to zoom
I agree, but for other reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
7)added via edit:Put a delay to drive vehicles, f.e when 1 guy tries to drive away after gunning down an entire squad with his jeep's 0.50 cal,to avoid the remaining LAT guy
Agree.
Schlapperklange is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
SuperTimo

SuperTimo's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

the mec lock on tones (or at least in the mig-29) go off 2 seconds after you have been locked, therefore they are usless as by then the missile is entering your exhuast.

However ive had no such problems in the F-16 or Eurofighter so it must just be a mec thing.

SuperTimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:23 AM   #7
unrealalex
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post

3)Dump down the engine volume of both planes and choppers for the pilots flying them.
Most of the players cant hear most of the voip messages while flying.

YES PLEASE.
I often get a headache flying choppers and I cant turn down the volume because I wouldn't be able to hear my squad voip. In reality, dont they have headsets that cancel out noise and let them hear their radios well?
unrealalex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:30 AM   #8
Schlapperklange
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
YES PLEASE.
I often get a headache flying choppers and I cant turn down the volume because I wouldn't be able to hear my squad voip. In reality, dont they have headsets that cancel out noise and let them hear their radios well?

And besides this I have a question. Is it possible to reduce the volume of the BF2 voice messages? If yes, how?
Schlapperklange is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:50 AM   #9
Solid Knight
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

Go into your sound option and you should see three bars.

Effects
Music
Voice Over

Drop Voice Over down.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #10
Schlapperklange
Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
Go into your sound option and you should see three bars.

Effects
Music
Voice Over

Drop Voice Over down.

Thanks mate, but I already tried that. It has no effect on volume.
Schlapperklange is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
air, bunch, related, suggestionsmostly
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2018, Project Reality