project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
AREM117
Red face Fastropes - LOL i know

Ok first off I would like to avoid any flaming by inviting someone to lock/delete this if it is a stupid idea.

I know everyone is saying that fastropes are "hardcoded" and impossable, but i have never seen anyone suggest redoing the parachute to be a fastrope. It probobly wouldnt take much to make it happen either i meen it would just take the parachute's code and make it so it cant be steered. I wouldnt even need a model.

Just my thoughts on the subject. I like to think new but this topic wont go away so i'm trying to add new ideas to this delima. If u have evedence to prove this cant be done shoot it down, but dont just shut it out at the mentioning of the dreaded fastrope.

PS: I have done the search but never seen anything like this.I contemplated even posting this but chose to go againts my better judgement.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
gclark03

Default Re: Fastropes - LOL i know

I don't have the BF2 technical knowledge to work with this idea, but good luck. You will become an R-GOD if you can pull this one off.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Cyrax-Sektor

I've had ideas of implementing it myself, but they're so crazy . . . All the power to you if you can get it fine and running.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
ShavenRaver

Way to think outside the box

Can't imagine it would look particularly realistic, but it would certainly function right

...if it was pulled off (oo-er)

Nice one
Old 09-29-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
DeltaFart

thats honestly an interesting idea, but whats to stop people from jumping from cliffs and "fastroping" down to safety? Archer comes to mind here

Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
Psyko

by-Jove........This might actually work!, except having fastropes in PR would be a horrendous gameplay dynamic. Hovering over bunkers while people do a 7 second fast rope....and getting blown to bits by an AA gun just for hovering. Use your head man, even if it DOES work, in what circumstances would it benifit?

would be sweet on urban maps. and any maps without Anti air assets.

FASTROPES!!!!!!!!!!1111
Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
DeltaFart

We would need a time limit on the thing. That way it isn't someone just floating down from 20000 ft under nothing. That's my only issue. Everything else would be cool but that's the only thing biting it in the butt

Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #8
BetterDeadThanRed

???

So a team of arguably the best devs in all of the BF2 modding community who have been at this project for years mind you, would have overlooked a solution as simple as that? Don't you think that they haven't already tried, or at least another mod has?

It would be quite stupid to see a squad of soldiers grabbing onto invisible ropes and sliding down while their ride is already on its merry way.

LeMazing.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #9
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

Can it not be made so that you cant deploy the Parafastrope UNLESS your chopper's deployed an invisible static (or even a visible one of fastropes) and the fastropee deploys the fastropechute within 5m of the static... Kinda like a Fastropecrate

Lol see what I mean?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
Solid Knight

What about slow ropes then?
Closed Thread

Tags
fastropes, lol