project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
23 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
Katsu

Default Passenger indicator.

In the previous patch the passenger indicator on the hud was permanently on screen when in a vehicle, however in this patch it is shown briefly after embarking (indicator on the bottom left, names of passengers on the bottom right) then disappears. It is very difficult to know how many people are actually on board when driving or flying some vehicles (in particular the Merlin) - can we have it work the same way as in the last patch.

Cheers

Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
Polden
Send a message via MSN to Polden
Default Re: Passenger indicator.

I Agree
Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
PeterLorre

I also agree, If you can't turn your head and look there should be a indicator.

Hey you, Angus! Shoot me, shoot!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Press F1

Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Celestial1

Tap F1 (or any seat position) to view passengers on HUD.

I say F1, because especially for a helicopter THERE BETTER BE A PILOT IN THAT SEAT!

Or, make sure you look at the display when someone gets out or moves and remember the number.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #6
Alex6714

Lol, like me, who landed a huey on the beach in barracuda, couldnĀ“t tell if they had got out so I reached to press F1 and pressed F2 instead. The vodnik on top of the hill was very pleased.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
Cyrax-Sektor

Well, it cleans up the HUD, but as said, you don't know if the passengers disembarked from the heli.

I was serving as dedicated transport on Op. Barracuda, using the Huey (best map next to Jabal for the Huey transport job <3). I always had to tap F1 on the land to make sure everyone bailed, or used the swivel cam, which could be dangerous.

Sometimes, after bailing, players will say their thanks, so you can fly off knowing they left the heli, but sometimes they don't say anything. This could involve in a TK if taking off too early (hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it happen with good chopper pilots).

Is it possible to have the HUD appear after a player switches seats or leaves the vehicle? That'd be grand.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #8
Colt556

I agree, as a dedicated heli pilot I was very sad to see the HUD gone. And it's lead to my fair share of mishaps, lingering too long and getting shot down because I don't know if they disembarked, or taking off too soon and having a guy accidently jump out and die. I either want a permenant hud, or atleast have it come up every time a passenger moves/exits/enters.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #9
[T]waylay00

Send a message via AIM to [T]waylay00

I'm sure we'll get some response that it was done for "gameplay," but I agree that it should be brought back. As others have said, you can't really effectively turn your head all the way around as efficiently as you would be able to in real life, so having the indicator back on the HUD would solve this issue.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #10
Colt556

Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]waylay00 View Post
I'm sure we'll get some response that it was done for "gameplay," but I agree that it should be brought back. As others have said, you can't really effectively turn your head all the way around as efficiently as you would be able to in real life, so having the indicator back on the HUD would solve this issue.
Not to mention that, unlike in RL, it's hard to steady yourself ingame when not looking forward. In rl you have a sense of balance and awareness, so even when not looking you can keep a vehicle going straight for a short while, atleast long enough to look behind you to see if everyones gone. But ingame you don't have this, so if you turn around to look at your passengers, it's almost guaranteed your heli will tilt and swerve since you aren't paying attention.

And as for gameplay, I don't think RUINING gameplay is a valid excuse.

Tags
indicator, passenger