project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
npsxbox

Default 3 enemy close to RP = RP destroyed

I love .8, but this change I think should be changed. I know the logic behind it, that is, once 3 enemies are near it, its because your position has been overun, and therefore not available for rallying. Also it decreases the chances of getting spawn killed. Also, it makes it easier for a squad to be defeated, and rewards the victor squad by not letting the enemy re-spawn after its been owned.

But the distance of 50m is just too short. Maybe 25m would be more adequate. Rally points don't last very long at all anymore, even if they don't find it. The enemy might not even know the RP is there, their just passing by 50m away, they can't hear it, and just like that you can't spawn any more. And while I like the new addition of having to wait 2 minutes to set a new one is cool, but again, if its so common to destroy it..well.

In short, keep the idea, but make the distance = 25m or less.

Visit my animation website - Javanimation.com
Old 09-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Darktrooper
Default Re: 3 enemy close to RP = RP destroyed

Or as already suggested, make it so you cant spawn on the rally point while these 3 ennemies are there... If they were only passing, you'll spawn a bit later. If they were effectively looking for your rally point, you cant reinforce the position and your rally should be down soon.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
flem615

Yeah both good ideas, i dont like how it will randomly be destroyed because of a wandering enemy squad (insurgency comes to mind here) but i can see the reasons behind it to. in all i wont care if they leave it, we will just have to be more careful in our placement.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 AM   #4
Su34

When I read aobut this feature for the first time I thought, that no rallies would last more than a few minutes.
But now, after two or three hours of 0.8 I changed my mind a little bit: They are last long enough, so that you can spawn there. However it prooved to be useful, that you cahnge the possition of your Rally from time to time...

But I like the Idea of Darktrooper as well. This was better than the way it is now.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 AM   #5
ReadMenace

Has anyone thought about not deploying their rallies in enemy controlled territory?

-REad
Old 09-02-2008, 06:15 AM   #6
evya
Supporting Member

thats the problem in some of maps, especially when your team base is carrier or in insuregency, 90% of the area is the enemy controlled territory, and sometimes enemy are coming and when you try to cover the place because its CP or have cache in area you dont have enough time to move the rally more back and if the enemy is insuregents you almost have no chance to keep it with the 50 meters overrun...
Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
@bsurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by evya View Post
thats the problem in some of maps, especially when your team base is carrier or in insuregency, 90% of the area is the enemy controlled territory, and sometimes enemy are coming and when you try to cover the place because its CP or have cache in area you dont have enough time to move the rally more back and if the enemy is insuregents you almost have no chance to keep it with the 50 meters overrun...
if this happens, leave 2 men of your sq back to save the rally. (Or better keep the area clean)

Its realistic, see your rally as a base, not as a point to spawn only...think in rl you wont build a forward outpost (or rally) and if its up everyone leaves and let it there without cover...

This works very well...

Fireteams are the key... 2 save, and two 2 man fireteams search the chache...

This works very well.

ok, the 50 m radius is a little to big...

As i said often since 0.8 release... Change your style of play, its a new and very good world imo.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by @bsurd View Post
if this happens, leave 2 men of your sq back to save the rally. (Or better keep the area clean)

Its realistic, see your rally as a base, not as a point to spawn only...think in rl you wont build a forward outpost (or rally) and if its up everyone leaves and let it there without cover...

This works very well...

Fireteams are the key... 2 save, and two 2 man fireteams search the chache...

This works very well.

ok, the 50 m radius is a little to big...

As i said often since 0.8 release... Change your style of play, its a new and very good world imo.
Yea, keep people back so it will be even easier to spot the RP? What sense does that make?

Almost everyone agrees that 50M is way too big and that even when you put your RP very far back, the enemy is likely to pass through that area anyway at some point in time. Unless it is some steep unreachable cliff, and most maps don't have that, it is likely to be passed within 50M of an enemy at some point.

There is already another thread on this topic, but 20M is a good way to make it so that if the enemy knows your RP is there, it will be closed in on and disappear without the game knifing of it of 0.75. I don't think not being able to spawn on it while the enemy in the area would do anything useful because it would just cause the enemy to get flanked from behind from spawners.

20M with no 2 minute timer is the key.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
hall0

Send a message via ICQ to hall0 Send a message via MSN to hall0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
20M with no 2 minute timer is the key.
Agree.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #10
Blackkflyer

I think that it was better in 7.5 where you had to find the rally point and destroy it befor the enemy could respawn, that also gave some spawnkilling so you could do it so that you cant spawn when there is enemyes near the rally, but they still need to destroy it.

Tags
close, destroyed, enemy