project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
Truism
Default Sniper Breath Control

How does it work?

I should be shooting between breaths, right, but it doesn't seem to help accuracy much at all.

Can anyone confirm/deny that this works?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
Gooser
Banned
Default Re: Sniper Breath Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
How does it work?

I should be shooting between breaths, right, but it doesn't seem to help accuracy much at all.

Can anyone confirm/deny that this works?

I've hit atleast 90% of my shots. I got 48 kills in a 48 man server by using the sniper rifle/pistol.

I never heard any breaths. I just waited about 6 seconds after zooming in, and lined the target up.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:09 AM   #3
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Press 3, wait until the breath sound is silent, then shoot. Press 3 after every kind of movement, the sound takes as long as the "crosshair" takes to become accurate.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:10 AM   #4
tehb2

I'm also looking for some tips for the sniper rifle. Now, I just got the mod today, and didn't know about the breathing. But I do now and need to practice it a bit, but not only did I find it hard to hit targets regardless, but even players that knew about the new breathing control complained about shot accuracy.

I guess most of us have troubles with the breathing, but are there any general tips as to when is the best time to shoot?
Old 08-30-2008, 03:14 AM   #5
Truism

The sniper rifle loses accuracy when you move the mouse. I thought they were changing that this version.

Evidently they haven't, so when you go to shoot something, you need to hold the crosshair over the top of the target (still) for the duration of the breathing sound file for the shot to be accurate.

Hope that explains it.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
Japub

Send a message via MSN to Japub

What a great add, didn't have a clue that they put that in 0.8. Hopefully alot less noobs will take the sniper kit now.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #7
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Here's how it works. After steadying yourself for roughly 8 seconds, you'll have maximum accuracy. When you press the "switch fire mode" button or select the sniper rifle again, it activates a breathing sound that lasts for 8 seconds. It's basically an indicator for when you'll have the most accuracy.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 08-30-2008, 07:24 AM   #8
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
Here's how it works. After steadying yourself for roughly 8 seconds, you'll have maximum accuracy. When you press the "switch fire mode" button or select the sniper rifle again, it activates a breathing sound that lasts for 8 seconds. It's basically an indicator for when you'll have the most accuracy.
So after lying still for 8 seconds your wont be that affected by moving your mouse around?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

A good analogy is to think of the HAT accuracy thingy. When its moved all the way in and you move the mouse a little, it moves apart a little, then settles again. If you move the mouse a lot, it takes longer to settle.

That is how the sniper rifle works too.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
THE_RAZOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
The sniper rifle loses accuracy when you move the mouse. I thought they were changing that this version.

Evidently they haven't, so when you go to shoot something, you need to hold the crosshair over the top of the target (still) for the duration of the breathing sound file for the shot to be accurate.

Hope that explains it.
So if you're right and if thats the case, hitting a moving target would be near impossible. You may very well be right. Ive read and tried most if not all of the suggestions (breathing,staying still, etc.)in this thread and have yet to find a combination that worked consistently. I'm sure theres a secret to it but i've yet to find it.
Closed Thread

Tags
breath, control, sniper