project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
Snowno

Default Remove the Vulcan and MEC AAA from Kashan.

The Vulcan and the MEC stationary flak-AA needs to be removed from Kashan Desert.
Thing is, these AA units are rarely used to take down enemy aircraft, but instead they are used for teamkilling.

With the BF2 hitboxes, these units have a huge disadvantage against hostile jets.
They do have a chance against enemy choppers, but that only happens in the end of rounds.

Anyone who flies alot in PR have probably been teamkilled by these useless things several times, and I'm tired of it, we need them removed from Kashan.
Snowno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Remove the Vulcan and MEC AAA from Kashan.

Uh oh they do great against jets, fry them with tons of bullets in 0.1 second, then again they are pretty much useless due the jets speed.

And I don't really see teamkilling as the reason behind their removal, anything can be used to TK.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
AnRK
Supporting Member

Shut up Outlawz, I'm surprised you don't get warned more often for your attitude.

Yeah anything can be used to teamkill, but some things can be use to TK to greater effect. Which is gonna be worse for gameplay? A guy throwing stones at his own team or JDAMing them? A server can kick a guy acting like a dick and shooting people easily, a guy will probably kicked a little quicker for blowing up a couple of jets. But one of those won't ruin the entire round, and the other will.

I agree though, there's more then enough missile AA that doesn't get filled in the first place, so there's no need to have something that can destroy friendly assets so quickly and easily when the other AA assets aren't even used.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
gclark03

Attitude? Just a friendly warning, AnRK, I think you've just made yourself a lightning rod for the moderators' attention. I couldn't detect any 'attitude' in the post, personally, but maybe it's just me.

Why bother removing them? Really, what does it accomplish? If they were removed because of teamkills, the same teamkiller would just start using C4 or command trucks to the same effect.
gclark03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #5
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Gameplay shouldnt be nerfed too much just because of some teamkillers, imo. But maybe thats just me...
[R-MOD]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
Alex6714

Remove guns, its the only way.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
gclark03

Something like this is almost like taking pencils away from children because they could potentially kill each other with them.
gclark03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
master of the templars

hitting jet with them isn't easy, but I'm sure its not easy in real life either. Also team killing is a server problem, you cant just take away stuff because some people on some servers use them to team kill. Find another server or get an admin if you get team killed intentionally a lot.

Make nukes, Not war
master of the templars is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I've never actually seen them used, ever. They're too far out of the way to be of any use as most aircraft avoid the airfields or are moving too fast and hitting the runway.

AnRK, why start flaming?

strima is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #10
SuperTimo

Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo

only time ive seen them used is agaisnt choppers at the end of the orund, though ive been Tked by them a couple of times i dont feel its nessacary to remove them. in fact id like to see them in place at mec and USA outpost where they can be more useful.

SuperTimo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aaa, cannon, kashan, mec, please keep, remove, stay, usa, vulcan