project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 07-28-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
Jonny
Default [Proposal] Expanding MEC forces

As you may have read here someone came up with the idea of expanding the MEC forces.

They would be composed of the current faction, using the best armour/weapons they have available, and a second 'reserve' faction, using less deadly armour/weapons but starting each map while holding most flags and with less tickets than the enemy.

Their main role would be defending, not attacking. As such they would rarely get to use tanks of any kind and would never get attack helicopters.

Because they are based of the MEC faction they will use the same models and skins as the MEC forces. They will also use the same scoped rifle and flags. So there is very little to be done to include this faction as a lot of it conists of changes to maps.

The main weapon I require to get this faction working is the Iranian KH2002 Khaybar rifle, with iron sights. And thats actually all I need, everything else is done.

Some things which would be nice to have are new code for the BMP3 (to give it a second secondary weapon, a coaxial MG, just like IRL) and some new code for the BRDM2 (more gunner zoom/force codriver to use SOFLAM to allow it to act more effectively as a reconaissence unit) and an M113 IFV.

Some things which will take a little testing to decide is the possibility of forcing a technical to spawn at a firebase and a vodnik to spawn at a bunker, in order to make the bunker a more desireable asset and thus force the faction to be more defensive. Reducing the ammount of ammunition carried by EVERYONE by 25 to 50%, which again should make the faction more defensive and also show that these forces are occupying territory instead of attacking is also a possibility.

Design plan:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...D9tCryfw&hl=en

Required:
KH2002 - iron sights

Requested:
Code changes to BMP3
Code changes to BRDM2 - did it myself
M113 (or suitable alternative like vodnik w/ larger calibre gun)

Donated:
recoloured keffiyah for medin/engi/etc - by readmenace

Finally:
the whole point of this faction is to give the MEC a believable defending force less well armed than front line troop and to also show that the MEC are a large force, big enough to be shown in two factions in a similar manner to the US army/USMC but with a split along the roles they undertake (offensive/occupation or reserve).

No new maps are needed specifically for this faction, it will use some of the MEC maps that are more suited to having a reserve force in the area instead of the main attacking force of the MEC, like Jabal and Ejod for instance as they *should* be occupied by the MEC at the start of the map.
Last edited by Jonny; 07-28-2008 at 11:48 AM..
Old 07-28-2008, 06:36 AM   #2
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to Deadfast
Default Re: [Proposal] Expanding MEC forces

That KH2002 looks almost like the QBZ.

Good thing while searching for animations
Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Good idea, except on EJOD they are up against a fully supported USMC or US Army as I think it will be with all their attacking stuff, so will they already have some flags, or will they have to attack then hold?? Same for Jabal.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #4
Jonny

On most of their maps they will be occupying the area at the start of the round, so they will hold most of the flags to begin with however have slightly less tickets and generally weaker armour.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #5
Scot
Supporting Member

These guys could really fit this map

Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #6
Technoelite

nice idea i would give them like a t55 to even it out a bit though becaus ethey would be sort of be destroyed which i know is sort of the point, even the Russian C class units get tanks obsolute ones at that.

JUst read about the KH2002 intresting that teh mags and the gas operating system is copyed form the M-16 so basically overrun a US supply depo take ammo and mags they set, are they expectign a way with america Iran i mean lol

Technoelite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #7
Jonny

I will not even it out with tanks.

They are meant to defend and if need be be rendered unable to attack.

They will have to use their APCs in support of the infantry to defend places and if there are any tanks around then attacking would be suicidal and definately avoided.

You have all seen the little message when jabal loads:
Quote:
Immediately after the war began an unprecedented number of terrorist attacks took place targeting Israel’s temples and government buildings. The civilian death toll was staggering: 1,541 in only two months. Israel asked for US help in order to track down and eliminate the terrorist cells responsible for the attacks. Intelligence pointed towards a MEC bomb-making factory discovered in the Jabal region (southwest of Eliat) of Israel. The USMC was secretly dispatched to the area, and now must secure the factory and adjacent areas. The MEC group defending the factory is well trained, well armed, and knows that holding the bridge and dam will be vital to protecting their assets. Both sides are well prepared for the engagement that lies ahead, and know that communication and coordination, complemented by superior tactics and leadership is the key to victory.
And I think they should actually HOLD the factory to begin with. The attack should also be said to be a diversion while other troops move to raid a factory somewhere else, behind a low moutain ridge north of the MEC base on Jabal.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:24 AM   #8
Scot
Supporting Member

Yeah i always wondered why in Jabal the MEC didn't at least hold the city beforehand...

Old 07-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #9
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to Deadfast

I think we have a problem.

There seems to be more variants of this KH2002...

From the reference pictures I found there seems to be at least 3 (2nd one should be the easiest to model):

Note the length of the carrying handle, the way it's attached to the actual gun (smoother vs. straight) and the number of the heat escape holes.
Also only one of the riles has the front iron sight or whatever it is, but I wouldn't pay much attention to it as it seems to be removable.
Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #10
Jonny

Its not a problem, I only need one, with iron sights. not the whole family.

If we have the whole family it becomes iran, instead of MEC.

I dont want the DMR variant (if it exists) being made bacause I will use the SVD for marksman.

I dont want any support/carbine versions made either, we have the PKM and the HK53.

Tags
expanding, forces, mec, proposal