project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
26 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 06-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Who Dares Wins

Default [Proposal] Role Playing Game?

RPG (As in Roleplaying not the RPG your thinking of) mods have been made in numerous FPS' including Armed Assault (Which ironicly the PVP game that is played 99% of the time by the PVPers).

Now, I had this EXTREMELY wild and crazy idea for Project Reality. What about a roleplay mod?

MAP

The map could be anything really. It could be a MEC city or a Chinese Village or anything. Thanks to PR's map sizes it could even have parts of the country in it as well or even several towns).

Factions

There would be 2 factions (Duh ), the civilians and the occuping force. The occupiers could be Coallition Soldiers occupying a Town in Iraq or even members of MEC guarding a City. Heck, it could even be a Police force with some skin tweaks.

The game itself

The gameplay is simple. You play the game how you like. You could get a job to raise some cash (Eeekkk coding hell), start an insurgency (Yeah, good luck with that), start a Taxi service, sell weapons in a black market etc. The 'occupiers' would be there to keep the peace. The main problem in these RPG mods are idiots running around shooting the living crap out of civilians turning it into a deathmatch but I digress.

Before I go too far into details, would this be possible? I mean, it would be a living hell times1000000 to code.

Whats your opinions?
*Readys flame shield*
Who Dares Wins is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Proposal] RPG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dares Wins View Post
Whats your opinions?
*Readys flame shield*
*Rudd penetrates Who Dares Win's flame shield with a spell penetration of +11, 3 damage reflected by Who Dares Win's +2 fire resistance*

Just kidding

I'm not a fan of the RPG element myself.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

The rpg element was pretty sweet in the .6 beta on Basrah, but everyone stopped doing it during open release

Would be nice to ressurect that sometime.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
-CJ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]dunehunter View Post
The rpg element was pretty sweet in the .6 beta on Basrah, but everyone stopped doing it during open release

Would be nice to ressurect that sometime.
What was the RPG element in 0.6 ?

Sorry for my english

#!
-CJ- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

You'd have people driving up to the VCP, being checked, trying to run away, being imprisoned. Even had deals in the city, where we turned over a landie in exchange for intel.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
DeltaFart

hahhaah the good ol dayts
Honestly if it wasnt too hard to do Id like to see that

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]dunehunter View Post
You'd have people driving up to the VCP, being checked, trying to run away, being imprisoned. Even had deals in the city, where we turned over a landie in exchange for intel.
Surely an insurgent cell leader would just wait for one of these deals to go down and GP25 the lot of ya?

Perhaps I has underestimated this RPGing?

Old 06-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Ya as dune said it was all being done in 0.6 BETA and then suddenly stopped. Sometimes I would have a 6 man squad set up a warrior and 2 landies on a road and just check cars and people. If tehy ran away they got shot.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I don't really get it, how did you get the insurgents to come to your checkpoints etc? They usually just wait at ambush points in the city hoping for a really stupid challenger 2 driver, or a solo warrior.

The gameplay mechanics seem to promote the insurgents hunting for kills and the british jumping in and out of combat hunting for caches. All this insurgents passing through VCP etc seems like a odd sideshow?

Old 06-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

no they would be driving down road and turn a corner and see a roadblock or checkpoint, if they were really nice they drove you to a cache. Others just got out and fired at you.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
game, playing, proposal, role, roleplayinggame