project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #1
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Over the past few months we have been giving out small hints of the US Army coming to Project Reality but we have been keeping the details under wraps. Today we have the first part of a large update for Project Reality's US Army. That's right its official, the US Army is coming with the Project Reality v0.8 release!

In the past we have been doing a little bit of "mix and match" with the US assets in Project Reality, mixing US Army and USMC scenarios and weapons. For PR v0.8 there will be an official split, with the US Army using their own unique weapons and vehicles.

We are starting this update with the much awaited M4 Carbine, which is the standard issue rifle of the US Army. Newly added developer [R-DEV]Chuc has recently completed all variants. [R-DEV]Chuc has also been really cracking out loads of other excellent skins as well which we know you will all love (look for dev journal entries on this coming soon). The model and import for the M4 was done by [R-DEV]Katarn who also did the M16A4 models and imports. The texture was a joint effort between Millenia, [R-DEV]Vaiski, [R-DEV]Qwerty and [R-DEV]Chuc.

In all these screens you will probably have noticed the new Digital ACU Camo on the solider model, which is the standard combat uniform of the US Army. These skins were done by [R-CON]Spush. They blend quite well into the terrain and surroundings at a distance! [R-CON]Spush has done work on several other soldier skins included that have already been included into PR v0.75. He's currently touching up Militia uniforms and updating US vehicle skins.

Next up is one of the US Army's APCs (Armored Personel Carrier), The M1126 Stryker. The Stryker is an eight-wheeled, all-wheel-drive, all terrain vehicle which is used by light and mobile mechanized infantry units of the US Army. The Stryker is equipped with an RWS which means the 50cal gunner can sit inside the safety of the Stryker's armor while using the 50.cal MG. The Stryker's model and skin was done by retardedmonkey. The Import has been done by [R-DEV]Stinger. The vehicle coding is currently being done by [R-DEV]Jaymz.

With the help of USI we have finally replaced the infamous vBF2 "beach party" open back HMMWV with a much more appropriate battle-ready model. Although its not as well equipped as current day HMMWV's as seen in Iraq, it provides more protection and is more authentic than the stock BF2 hummer. This updated HMMWV will be used by both the USMC and the US Army. The model, import and coding was done by jarleif and textures done by petemonster from the USI mod. We may add an even more realistic, heavily protected HMMWV model in a future update.

We hope you enjoyed the first part of the US Army update, keep an eye on the Project Reality Website & Forums for the next part and also other information on upcoming changes for PR v0.8!

- The Project Reality Team
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 06-08-2008 at 08:52 PM..
Old 06-08-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
azn_chopsticks_boi

Default Re: US Army Update Part 1

Nice update, looking forward for the other updates since this is "Update Part 1".
Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 AM   #3
Rambo Hunter

HOOAH!

Old 06-08-2008, 02:03 AM   #4
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

Alright! :P

I think I might be in one of those pictures...but Rhin0 probably cut me out :P
Old 06-08-2008, 02:14 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]OkitaMakoto View Post
Alright! :P

I think I might be in one of those pictures...but Rhin0 probably cut me out :P
http://media.realitymod.com/news/pr0..._stryker02.jpg

your on the right behind the box crouched down

I also didn't do the pics, slick did and please just call me Rhino, the only reason why my ingame name is [R-DEV]Rhin0 is because the stupid BF2 account system wouldn't let me make a account called [R-DEV]Rhino for w/e reason...

Old 06-08-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
ratlover232

Very nice!

PR NA Test Team: Breaking the DEV's Hard Work, One Build at a Time.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:33 AM   #7
Polka

Really awesome, cant wait for part 2

Old 06-08-2008, 04:00 AM   #8
[T]waylay00

Send a message via AIM to [T]waylay00

Wow! This looks tight!

It's ironic that I was watching TV today, and I noticed the ACU. I was thinking, "I wonder if that will be in PR anytime soon, since that's all I pretty much see in Iraq combat footage?" Sure enough, here's the update!

Great work.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:02 AM   #9
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

Nah okita, you're the one taking a dump in a corner.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:39 AM   #10
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

You can see me any my M14 twice

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Closed Thread

Tags
army, hooah!, media, part, update