project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
26 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
combatwombat
Supporting Member

Default Trouble healing self as medic

I've found lately that when I'm a medic and I get injured, I can't really heal myself with the medkit. When I crouch or go prone, equip the medikt, look straight down, and click, it makes the healing sound for a second then goes silent, and then I hear pain sounds again a second later. The only way to heal myself has been with first aid patches. For some reason I don't think it's always been this way. Does anyone know whats up with this?

BTW I almost exclusively play thebattlearena's Al Basrah server, I don't know if it's different on other maps/servers
Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Trouble healing self as medic

I find that when I play on servers that are on another continent (i.e. ping of approx 90-120) there are stutters in the medpack that are most easily corrected by changine stance. So if you are having trouble and are prone, crouch and it should work again, go prone again if it's being a bugger again.

Hope that helps, it appears to be lag realated since this doesnt happen to be on servers in Europe.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

Well, technically the ability to heal yourself at all is a bug, so having trouble exploiting a bug is not in its self a bug.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]GeZe View Post
Well, technically the ability to heal yourself at all is a bug, so having trouble exploiting a bug is not in its self a bug.
well in this case, if wombat is having the same trouble as me, then this also occurs during healing other people.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
MadTommy
Supporting Member

*cough* try it standing up and looking straight down, if you want to heal yourself, that works best.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
jOHNNYdOUBE
Supporting Member

lay down,look up.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Salah ad Din

Send a message via ICQ to Salah ad Din Send a message via AIM to Salah ad Din Send a message via MSN to Salah ad Din Send a message via Skype™ to Salah ad Din

kneel, look sideways

Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
Fabryz

Make a backflip while saying in VoIP "l33tHeal".

Btw i think we need something like: look below > a cross icon is shown in the middle of screen, just to confirm that you can heal yourself in that position, no matter the stance

Old 06-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
ibleedgravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
*cough* try it standing up and looking straight down, if you want to heal yourself, that works best.

This option works for me almost all the time...if I were trying to exploit the medic kit...
Closed Thread

Tags
healing, medic, trouble