project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
zephyr89s
Supporting Member

Default medic healing time

The time that it takes for a medic to heal a soldier should be increased some.
Realistically, it would take at least 40 seconds to remove the bullet, cleanse the wound, apply gauze, and wrap it up.

it may also be of interest to make the maximum health after a revive less than the original health. The max health after a revive could be slowly increase over time from like 65% to 100%

ingame: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger
zephyr89s is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
billdan

Default Re: medic healing time

completely agree

you wouldnt be at 100% fighting strength right after being unconscious and revived by a medic

|TG-69th|Mix0lydian in-game
billdan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Sgt. Mahi

I agree..

New medic dynamics are in progress I understand but it said nothing about that.

A cool thing I thought of a medic skill is to be able to drag your wounded team mates in to cover and then start cpr... Would be cool trying to get your downed team mate behind a rock while bullets flying around. Has it been suggested before? Couldn't find it... I doubt it's possible??

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Dragging isnt possible
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
Sgt. Mahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
Dragging isnt possible
I thought so.. Too bad

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
maverick551
Supporting Member

I completely agree, the Medic class needs a little tweaking.

Perpetual peace is a futile dream."
- General George S. Patton
maverick551 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
PRC_Heavy_Z
Retired PR Developer

This is a good idea, but may slow the game down even more than it is. imagine if you have 3 people that are fairly banged up, that means you have to sit there holding down the mouse for more than two minutes. and if every medic in game have to go through this, the round would take even more time to finish than it is right now.

Also, if the heal time is that long, less people will be willing to play medic and people would probably rather get killed and re-spawn in ~30 seconds with full health.

I like where this suggestion is going though, perhaps instead of making the "hold LMB down" time longer, make the healing procedure more...interactive. Instead of having the medic hold the medic bag out, make the medic actually go through the procedure of cleaning, patching etc.

In practice, this means the medic will have to select one "weaponslot" if the soldier is wounded at X% to Y%, click on mouse. choose the next appropriate "weaponslot" click when the soldier is at A% to B% and so on. Along with this, award medics following the proper procedures with faster heal times.
PRC_Heavy_Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #8
AnRK
Supporting Member

It would be nice to have a more complex healing process, however the BF2 health system is VERY simplistic. A good example is assets, the devs would like it if tank tracks were damaged by actually hitting the tracks, but at the moment the effect is pretty random and also based on the amount of total "health" the tank has left. If the system was a little more sophisticated, the mod would have had different levels of bleeding, broken legs etc etc a long time ago.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
Dragging isnt possible
Pushing could be possible though, using the ingame phyiscs and a round that does no damage but a little, invisible, explosion
[R-MOD]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #10
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRC_Heavy_Z View Post
I like where this suggestion is going though, perhaps instead of making the "hold LMB down" time longer, make the healing procedure more...interactive. Instead of having the medic hold the medic bag out, make the medic actually go through the procedure of cleaning, patching etc.

In practice, this means the medic will have to select one "weaponslot" if the soldier is wounded at X% to Y%, click on mouse. choose the next appropriate "weaponslot" click when the soldier is at A% to B% and so on. Along with this, award medics following the proper procedures with faster heal times.
Agree, but I don't mind having a longer healing time- especially with the new changes coming to the medic class. However I agree that a more interactive way of healing, hopefully reflecting the real life procedures of combat medics could be brought in. In this same theme, we'd have to consider any changes the ballistics guys are putting in to the character hitboxes (if anything).

btw, zephyr89s M*A*S*H FTW!

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
healing, medic, time