project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
Ryan3215

Default Improve the AT-4

In the video below you will see a few key differences between an actual AT-4 and the AT-4 in PR. Currently in-game the AT-4 has a very distinct smoke trail, and moves rather "sluggishly". However, in reality the AT-4 has minimal to no smoke trail. Also, the rocket is very fast; thus has less arc. And at this range they are firing at tank (heavily armored targets) I am not sure if my assumption is correct but, from what I've seen the AT-4 looks as though it packs more of a punch than the weak little rocket in PR.
AT-4 Range video
This thread is just to inform the PR player that the AT-4 isnt as weak or useless as you might thing, and mabey the DEVs should put this higher on their priority list. -Ryan
Ryan3215 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Improve the AT-4

from that video, it does look like the AT4 ingame needs to be sped up a little

I think som1 was doing the same smoke trail removal and effect augmentation for the RPG.

But I don't know about punch, the video was inconclusive on that<- since the heavily armoured targets were burnt out old tanks and we didn't get too see the damage close up

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
Ryan3215

true, about the strenght of the rocket. we cannot confirm it, but from the size of the smoke/dust plume after the explosion; we can say that it has a good sized warhead on it.
Ryan3215 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 AM   #4
ConscriptVirus

wow that rocket was fast! looks almost as fast as a normal bullet.

"These things we do that others may live"
ConscriptVirus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:53 AM   #5
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
wow that rocket was fast! looks almost as fast as a normal bullet.
Approaching pistol round velocities.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nedlands1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
Teek
Supporting Member

AT-4 Is a technically a Recoilless-Rifle because is propelled by an explosion rather than a prolonged rocket burn.

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:51 AM   #7
Mastatschief

i like the sounds in this vid
Mastatschief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
Serbiak

impressive

You could be much more sneaky without the smoketrail.

"Remember, your penis size is proportional to your post count...or was it inversely proportional...I can't remember"
- [R-CON]Rudd -
Serbiak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
M.Warren

Shocking how the AT-4 at the range is significantly different than that in which is presented in game. Especially as a majority of our sources come from cruising the internet in an attempt to find real clips and data.

I'll be rather disappointed if that is truely the real deal firing and not some low-cost training round for the sake of practice. Because if that is the case, we've been dealing with a false representation of one of our in game kits.

Currently as we all know the Light Anti-Tank kits in game show a significantly noticeable launch trail. If what was posed in that video and the countless others on YouTube of AT-4's firing, it's safe to say someone isn't doing thier homework. I wonder if certain things in game are simply done for the "Ooh's and Ahh's" aspect sometimes.
M.Warren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
STORM-Mama

Get rid of the smoke trail, make it move faster and add a huge back blast.

I think someone did something similar with the RPG-7 (check the Community mod section).
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
at4, improve