project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Military Technology
20 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Military Technology Discussion on military hardware.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
Darkpowder

Default Public Military Events Thread - Worldwide

Thought this would be a good thread title for people to post events in for people like us who are interested in Military Technology.

Public events only, and it would be interesting to see folk from across the world post about airshows, conferences, demonstrations, re-enactment or anything else that is coming up in future.

It will be good to know who is going to the events, perhaps the posters of events could update their post with people who will be attending.

I'll start off with the RAF Charitable Trust - International Air Tattoo 2008

UK - RAF Air Tattoo this year.... 12-13th July - Fairford.

I will be going this year.

Anyone up for it?
Not been before, but typically its camping (just off-site) Most people visit the site for one day and then hang out for the next day as you can still see a lot apparently from the adjoining field.

It looks pretty sweet this year.

Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises
http://www.airtattoo.com/airtattoo/V...rmation/travel

http://www.airtattoo.com/airtattoo/A.../participation

Its about £30 each / day or £45 if you pay on the day

Planes arrive from Wednesday and rehearse on thursday, so there is typically a lot to see even on the run up to the weekends display.

Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises
(key features of the show)

Lets see who is up for this

(If this thread proves popular, hereby request a sticky status for reference purposes).

Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Darkpowder

Default Re: Public Military Events Thread - Worldwide

Norwegian Military Tattoo 2008 - 23rd-25th May

Norsk Militær Tattoo - NORWEGIAN MILITARY TATTOO 2008

NORWEGIAN MILITARY TATTOO 2008

For the 8th time the spectacular family show Norwegian Military Tattoo is presented in the Oslo Spektrum arena. This popular show is Norway’s largest indoor event featuring around 800 participants from 9 nations. This year’s program consists of military music, drill, choral singing, acrobatics, dancing, motorcyckle stunts and more. The Tattoo takes place in May 2008 and is presented by the Norwegian Defence Forces.

A gigantic theatre set turns the Oslo Spektrum arena into a copy of Oslo’s oldest military building, Akerhus Fortress. The entire floor-space is used as stage and the audience is seated in the stands.

Participants in Norwegian Military Tattoo 2008:

New Guard America (USA)
The United States Army Europe Soldier's Chorus (Germany/USA)
The Dutch Pipes and Drums (Holland)
Das Gebirgsmusikkorps Garmisch Partenkirchen (Germany)
The Representative Orchestra of the Romanian Ministry of Defence (Romania)
Club Piruett (Estonia)
The Conscript Band of the Finnish Defence Forces (Finland)
The Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines Portsmouth (UK)
IMPS Motorcycle Display Team (UK)
Marinens Musikkår (Sweden)
The Royal Norwegian Navy Band
The Staff Band of the Norwegian Armed Forces
Band and Drill of HM The King’s Guard
Tattoo-choir
Competition between the Military Academies

(How annoying i just got back from Norway, missed it :P)

Old 05-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
Darkpowder

Bovingdon Tankfest 2008

http://www.tankmuseum.co.uk/news/pr_..._08_150108.htm

The Best of British will be on display at The Tank Museum this summer, as Tankfest returns in an explosive weekend of military hardware
(Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th June 200.

Following the success of 2007’s All-American Armour which focused on the hardware employed by US forces, The Tank Museum will this year be observing the British contribution to armoured warfare and commemorating the bravery and sacrifice of Royal Armoured Corps servicemen both past and present.

Tank Museum spokesman Nik Wyness said; “The tank was a British invention that played an important role in bringing World War One to a close 90 years ago. As we house what is the national collection of tanks on behalf of The Royal Armoured Corps and Royal Tank Regiment, this year we felt it was important to remember British servicemen from past and current conflicts with living history and in our displays of historic and contemporary British armour.”

The Tank Museum is able to call on a truly unique selection of historic British armour for its Tankfest shows. Amongst those vehicles that are less commonly seen in action, such as the Crusader, Matilda 2 and Challenger 1, the Tank Museum is also hoping to run a unique British tank for the first time in many years.

Nik said; “We are planning to run the successful inter-war Vickers Medium, which we believe to be the sole surviving and running example of its kind in the world.”

The impressive collection of Museum vehicles will again be complimented by vehicles from private collections, and all this will be supported by living history encampments, trader stalls and family entertainments. The British Army will also be in attendance, putting on displays of vehicles and equipment used on operations today, which will include Challenger 2 amongst others.

The action will all take place in the Tank Museums new arena, which will offer improved viewing from a banked spectator’s area.

Tickets are available now, and advanced bookings attract a 10% discount.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
Camlost

Bodø Air Show 08 / F-16 25th anniversary / Air & Space Festival

Bodø Air Show ‘08

Just after my final exam and just before I'm getting into the army for the summer. Will be a surprising amount of aircraft attending as I hear, everything from starfighters to JSF(and rumours about an F-22 showing up).
Camlost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
Ironcomatose

I might go see the blue angels tomorrow over at Jones Beach, NY.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Tartantyco

-I was trying to find a clip from the Norwegian Military Tattoo where they start throwing rifles with bayonets at each other like crazy but I couldn't find it. Here's a solo performance though:

Make Norway OPFOR! NAO!

It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think I'll be going to the three counties military festival
Three Counties Military Festival

Looks like a great day out!

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:35 AM   #8
$kelet0r

I'm tempted to go to the Farnborough airshow this year - anyone been before?
Farnborough
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #9
Feenan.

Yes i live about 10 mintues away from farnborough so i get to see all the jets fly over from my house, altough it has its downsides as all the commercial ones fly over too.
Feenan. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Stickied, nice idea DP.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
events, military, public, thread, worldwide