project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
Katarn
Retired PR Developer
Default [Weapon] G3/SG1 Rifle

The SVD has finally been replaced as the marksman rifle for the MEC. Its place has been taken by the G3/SG1 rifle with a 6x scope.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

Haha, man, that looks SWEET. That's gonna be the kit I run for when I wanna be leet, or more importantly, do something effective for my squad

That scope just screams badass. As much as I liked the SVD for MEC, I think I'll love this even more because the G3 is quickly becoming my favorite weapon in PR.

Is its scope reticle the same as the G3 Scoped riflemans? I would guess it is different[because its a different scope], but I wouldnt be the one to know Also, are its deviations/accuracy values the same or slightly tweaked? Any info on that?
Old 04-21-2008, 01:18 AM   #3
Polka

I like it

Old 04-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
KP
Retired Moderator

As I've told you before, really badass. I'm looking forward to .8 even more now!

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 AM   #5
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]OkitaMakoto View Post
Haha, man, that looks SWEET. That's gonna be the kit I run for when I wanna be leet, or more importantly, do something effective for my squad

That scope just screams badass. As much as I liked the SVD for MEC, I think I'll love this even more because the G3 is quickly becoming my favorite weapon in PR.

Is its scope reticle the same as the G3 Scoped riflemans? I would guess it is different[because its a different scope], but I wouldnt be the one to know Also, are its deviations/accuracy values the same or slightly tweaked? Any info on that?
Crosshair.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 04-21-2008, 02:24 AM   #6
ReadMenace

-REad

*fixing youtube link, i think, that IS the link you had, right?*
Last edited by OkitaMakoto; 04-21-2008 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: :)
Old 04-21-2008, 03:06 AM   #7
Ghost Dog

Nice!

I also noticed the compass has been adjusted... much better .
Old 04-21-2008, 03:44 AM   #8
Drude

ahhh finally. SVD is a horrible weapon over 150m> ranges. POSP ain't so bad scope in real life but somehow you (or at least I) cannot utilize it same way in games.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:55 AM   #9
Farks

Rawr...
Old 04-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #10
Saint

Sweet sweet candy!!!!! äääh G3

Closed Thread

Tags
g3 or sg1, rifle, weapon, weapons