project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude
Default Deviation in sniper kits- proof

I had asked before and been told that there is no deviation in sniper kits except for when u move scope? Well people are boasting abotu their sniper shots but these snapshots show images of misses, i took snapshot right before i fired, these were still targets with my scope being still, in prone position without moving at all. The range is medium. Care to explain why these are misses?

I also have a problem with the Chinese guns accuracy. Why the hell is the deviation almost off on their guns? I deem the Chinese rifleman kit 6x more accurate than the british marksmanship kit and sniper kit combined, no joke. Thats how bad it is. The chinese can run for a mile, stop point and headshot within .5 seconds.... ???

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

I have bad news bud...deviation is set by a series of numerical values in the .tweak files for each weapon. Either it IS, or it ISN'T. Now, I'm far too lazy to check the actual deviation values, but the problems above are probably from BF2's networking issues, or from actual bad shots.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #3
nedlands1

How long are you waiting after keeping your weapon stationary?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nedlands1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
I also have a problem with the Chinese guns accuracy. Why the hell is the deviation almost off on their guns? I deem the Chinese rifleman kit 6x more accurate than the british marksmanship kit and sniper kit combined, no joke. Thats how bad it is. The chinese can run for a mile, stop point and headshot within .5 seconds.... ???
well, IIRC bulltops are famous by their great acuaracy and because they can be easaly pointed , since the weight is in concentratedthe back of the rifle
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
The deviation of the Chinese service rifles is exactly the same as the L85A2's. When steadied, the sniper rifles no random deviation whatsoever. The L86 (aka the rifle of the "the british marksmen kit"), in general has 10% of the random deviation of the L85A2 and 8% of the deviation whilst prone. On an unrelated note, the scope on the Chinese service rifle has been changed from 4x to 3x.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nedlands1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 AM   #6
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77 View Post
well, IIRC bulltops are famous by their great acuaracy and because they can be easaly pointed , since the weight is in concentratedthe back of the rifle
Bullpups. They're able to have a long barrel, in a shorter package.

-REad
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #7
mammikoura

snipers don't hit a thing if you move the scope even a little before taking a shot. I noticed that if you keep the scope still for about 3 seconds and then shoot it's going to be accurate. And this means no moving of the scope AT ALL. Yeah it's pretty damn hard but you just need to wait for the enemy to come to your crosshairs.

Below is a picture of mestia. Red dots are the places where I sniped from (approximate) and I had very little trouble headshotting enemies who were at west tower. Probably half of my kills came from being in the southern dot and headshotting guys who were inside the large bunker at west tower.

It is the soldier, not the priest, who protects freedom of religion; the soldier, not the journalist, who protects freedom of speech.
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Could u post a vid showing this? Just to make sure ur doing everything right.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #9
Chuffy

I was playing Brit sniper on Basrah yesterday (got a 20:0 K/D ratio but thats mainly because I joined fairly late in the game) and if you move the scope even a little bit it becomes almost impossible to hit anything. You really do need to wait that 3 seconds and focus on stationary targets or be very precise against moving ones by accurately predicting where they will run and having enough time to set up your shot. I did however manage to get 2 lucky shots when shooting moving targets while also moving my sights. But later on a shot hit a civilian instead of the PKM guy near him.

So yeah, I suppose there are still oddities in the system

Chuffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
Cyrax-Sektor

I managed to snatch up the British sniper kit in Al Basrah a few days ago. Crouching on a building, making sure to wait some time after moving, I only managed to kill two of the seven British soldiers moving in a group. I also had a ping of 20.

However, I've had enemy British snipers pick Insurgents off with ease from afar. Even with civi binocs, I couldn't see the sniper, and he killed me. I'd say in my case, I haven't practiced enough with the kit, so I'll stick to Mosin Nagants.

Maybe real snipers have to let their sights "settle".

Cyrax-Sektor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, kits, proof, sniper