project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Gunwing
Default make 50.cals not laser weapons!

I don't know about the rest of you but no vehicle mounted 50.cal works as great as they do in this game. I have been hit 12 times in the head by a tanks 50.cal MG at over 13000 yards. There is no way that can happen in real life.

You see 50.cal weapons in this mod lack something the real ones have recoil. I'm not saying they should have a bullet spread, but that they should have a bit of climb like the M16A4 dose. It would at least make tank commanders have to aim more, then the laser pin point crap the infantry have to deal with right now.

I know there is this massive resistance to making this kind of change on mounted weapons. But the infantry are at a major disadvantage right now on maps like Kashan because the tanks can hit them at any range with a 50.cal bullet.

Oh BTW no tank in the real world has a 50.cal, or a 12.7mm coax MG. They are all 7.62mm The Abrams has a 7.62mm coax in the turret, not a 50.cal, and so dose the T-90, as well as the T-55, and even the Type-99 is this way.

If we could add some type of small amount of recoil to the 50.cals in game the gameplay would be way more realistic. Your not a 50 gunner on a HMMWV because it's easy but because your rated to fire that weapon. Most real life soldiers will tell you that a 50.cal, or a 12.7mm weapon has a major amount of kick back.
Gunwing is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
gclark03

Every coaxial MG in the game is 7.62mm NATO or Soviet, not .50 caliber.

If you mean the tank commander turret, it's very hard to 'snipe' with iron sights. I agree that deviation still needs tweaking, but nothing as dramatic as what you're suggesting.
gclark03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Gunwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclark03 View Post
Every coaxial MG in the game is 7.62mm NATO or Soviet, not .50 caliber.

If you mean the tank commander turret, it's very hard to 'snipe' with iron sights. I agree that deviation still needs tweaking, but nothing as dramatic as what you're suggesting.
yes I mean the cupla commander gun, but also the fact that the 7.62 coax weapons are also just as bad if not worse because they can hit targets at twice the range of any 7.62mm weapon in military service needs to be fixed as well.
Gunwing is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

i would think that a gun thats mounted to a 70 ton monster like an abrams would be fairly stable...

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
M.0.D

yeah and with modern firing systems you should be abled to snipe at nearly every distance that the weapon's bullet is still flying

This message has been made of environment-friendly recycled letters and words from deleted mails and is fully digital-degradable.
M.0.D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
Jester_Prince

Do mounted weapons have muzzle climb? or even recoil...the weapons are pretty stable.

And they certainly arnt lazer accurate and they don't have iron sights to aim with either.

Besides, if a 50. cal is shooting at you don't pop your head up, don't move until its either reloading or someone else is distracting it.

50. cals are fine leave them as they are.
Jester_Prince is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

dont the abrams have BOTH M240 and M2 .50 cal on the top IRL
[R-DEV]Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
$kelet0r

To the OP
Get a T90 on one side of the Bunker complex of Kashan and try to hit infantry on the opposite hill. It's not easy, there's a good deal of deviation kicking in at that range not to mention the bullet drop which kicks in as well
Sniper accurate they are not - but they are extremely effective
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
Warmagi

Mounted weapons do have recoil, big kick back??????? REALLY???? Where did heard that?

Just stop bunny hopping, go prone, throw smoke and flank or completly go away, you are infantry, not a tank buster. PR - figure out yourself what the letters mean.

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude: ...remember to show as much respect to the new players as the veteran players. Todays 'noob' is tomorrow's 'Vet'.

Reddish_Red: We're fine...

Random.. ehmmm... "player": Give me the chopper. No. I want to fly. No. But I want to, get out from it now or I TK you. ... ... ... No
Warmagi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
azn_chopsticks_boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunwing View Post

Oh BTW no tank in the real world has a 50.cal, or a 12.7mm coax MG. They are all 7.62mm The Abrams has a 7.62mm coax in the turret, not a 50.cal, and so dose the T-90, as well as the T-55, and even the Type-99 is this way.
This has been suggested many tomes before, but it would need a new model since PR can not edit dice's models
azn_chopsticks_boi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
50cals, laser, make, weapons