project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Serbiak

Unhappy Voip only works few rounds

Hi
I have a Problem with my voip.
After a few rounds especially when I switch servers several times, my mic/voip does not work anymore at all.
I first thought my mic was broken but when I restart PR it works again, so it has to be a PR bug.
And there was Voip on those servers since I heard others talk over voip
When I press the "b" button it does not even show me the green symbol anymore.
I had this several times already. It would be nice I anyone could help me with that.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
$kelet0r

same as above
a solution (rebooting is not a solution) would be nice
Old 02-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Mora

you could try to reset the controls if that wont help try messing with the voip itself

Old 02-18-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
McGucks

This seems to happen to my m8 as well....are you running an external voice program aswell, such as teamspeak or ventrilo? Also, if it's Windows Vista you're running, try running the program as an administrator by right-clicking on the icon before you launch the game.

UNSTF Recruiting at www.unstf.org
1Sgt.McGucks - Battlefield 2142/Project Reality Recruiting Officer
Old 02-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Serbiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mora View Post
you could try to reset the controls if that wont help try messing with the voip itself
I did that already but it does not help and I think it cannot be the reason, because the VoIP works at the beginning and after you restart the game without changing the settings.
I´m not sure what you mean by messing with the VoIP itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGucks View Post
are you running an external voice program aswell, such as teamspeak or ventrilo?
I´m just using the PR VoIP and no other programs paralell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGucks View Post
Also, if it's Windows Vista you're running, try running the program as an administrator by right-clicking on the icon before you launch the game.
I use Windows XP and there I am the only user and administrator of cause too.

Thanks for your help but unluckily nothing worked so far.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
$kelet0r

You could try changing the audio acceleration in dxdiag (didn't work for me but it's worth a try)
Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
RomeoEcho

Same thing happens to me try using Alt + Tab and using volume control and unmuting your mic thats what happens to me.

The task ahead is never greater than the force behind you.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
SnipingCoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoEcho View Post
Same thing happens to me try using Alt + Tab and using volume control and unmuting your mic thats what happens to me.
maybe there is some kind of shortcut that switches the mic off - like key bindings of an additional sound program provided by your audio driver

other than that maybe an auto-detection whether the mic is plugged in (some audio controlers "feature" it) and it doesn't work correctly

while at it, maybe you can look for up-to-date audio drivers

Got a PROBLEM? Check this: PR:BF2 Installation Guide

Got a common QUESTION? check here first: PR:BF2 FAQ, MUMBLE FAQ

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
Old 02-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #9
Mr.Whitlow

Yeah this happened to me just now. Played I think 2 maps (1 round each map) for about 3 hours overall, when the map changes after that I join a squad and when I press B I don't get an icon at all. Didn't have anything like vent or TS open either.

Using an X-Fi Gamer (Which is great btw, the sounds in this game are stunning) with a Sennheiser PC160 headset (Or PC161 or whatever, I forgot - it's the non-USB version), up until that point my VOIP was working fine but suddenly nothing, nada. The fact that there was no icon showing up at all indicates that it's more a problem with the game than the hardware anyway.

Sort of ruined my game since a non-VOIP PR to me is pointless, so I thought I'd just bump this thread up a bit. Cheers.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #10
-=TB=-Tobakfromcuba
Supporting Member

i had probs with voip for ages, then, after trying any settings, buying new router, new soundcard and nothing helped, i bought a headset with integrated soundcard. all is running fine since then. so, i dont say it will help but if you can spend the 30 bucks for such a headset and you think its worth a try...
to whitlow, did disable your pc-soundcard if your senheiser comes up with a autarc soundcard?
Closed Thread

Tags
rounds, voip, works