project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt
Default Your sports

So, what sports do you all play? Doesn't have to be for a team or even with others, just any sport you enjoy doing.

Me, I am an I.33 fencing novice. I.33 is different from Olympic small sword fencing, instead using a single handed sword and a buckler. It's a good sport, and a western martial art I love. My goals are to find another practice partner, though.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
jackal22

none so much in the way of clubs however i do enjoy cross country running, like to set personal goals. on my to do list is probably shooting, (slight problem in the uk only done it a few times)

otherwise the random games you end up playing with friends, one of them invented a weird ba$tard child of volley ball that has been quite fun to play lately.

jackal22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
Garabaldi

Send a message via MSN to Garabaldi

I play sports -- no I don't, what the f*ck? - Mitch Hedberg
Last edited by Wasteland; 01-31-2008 at 03:08 PM..
Old 01-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

At the moment mostly fitness, though I've picked up swimming again (fitness one day, swimming the other means I can sport every day without overdoing it), played field hockey for ages but stopped this year (uni).

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

I've been sailing since I was 8. Love it; both dinghy sailing and crewing Big Boats. Soon as I'm done with training and on a proper wage I intend to take my Coastal Skipper cert with the RYA.

Used to kyak a lot; that changed when I moved to flat parts of the UK where there's no white water

My one regular sport thesedays though is climbing. I'm an instructor (indoors only, currently) and love it

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

Tennis - 2 times a week
Jogging - 1 time a week (10km)
Swimming - 1 time per 2 weeks
Soccer - 1 time a week

Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
Szarko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garabaldi View Post
I play sports -- no I don't, what the fuck? - Mitch Hedberg
He's epic!

But yea I like to ski and play volleyball of all kinds.

Deuce Four
Szarko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
Wasteland

At various points in my life I've done Tai Kwon Do, Wu Shu (especially nine-sectioned whip), and Krav Maga. Of these Krav Maga was my favorite. But I moved away from The Netherlands where I was doing it, and couldn't find a good spot to do it in Vancouver. In Calgary the only place to do it is with at this extremely expensive place. It's not very good, and it's taught by these big bikers who war leather vests and brass two knuckle rings to practice. Not so professional.

I'm currently taking kickboxing, which I've found very enjoyable.

I also hike and climb (non-technical). I usually hike a vertical km on an average hike in the Rockies. The most serious climb I've undertaken was Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.

I used to mountainbike a lot, until my $2000 bike was stolen. Since then I'd rather spend that kind of money on other things.

I lift weights, almost never do cardio, and I play pickup hockey when I can. I used to play hockey a lot in High School, until the only other English speaking guy on my team left, and I didn't know enough Dutch to really stay on. I was pretty serious for a while. I used to go to a training camp in the summers run by the head coach of the Phillidelphia Flyers.

In the summers I kyak, but nothing exciting. Just lakes and rivers. It's more for exercise and exploring than anything else. I'm a strong swimmer although I only really swim during the summers, and rarely in a pool.

I'm a pretty good longboarder. One of my friends is the fastest longboarder in Alberta. And Alberta, with the Rockies, has a pretty big longboarding community, second only probably to California and British Columbia.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #9
Spaz
Supporting Member

Gym 3 day a week
Jogging 2 days a week
In the summer I ride dirtbikes 3-4 days per week
In the winter I skii 2-3 days per week

Its all the be able to join FSJ.

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
SiN|ScarFace