project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
war_on_terra
Default Aircraft suggestions (PR and plane whores)

hello PR community.

just discovered your mod; and ironically it was on a server where people were complaining about the overpowered planes in vanilla BF2. someone mentioned PR as the best hope for a more realistic and team orientated game.

i dislike the overpowered planes, but i confess it was me the other players were complaining about. and i totally understand. i was 50-4. but thats not unusual and ive seen other players rape even more extremely with planes. i think 70-1 was the worst ive seen. i turned to planes because i was sick of being the helpless prey of jets and choppers. i'm really only an average player, relatively new to the game, but its extremely easy to fly in BF2 and if i can rape with planes then you know something is wrong.

so i was wondering how high on the list of PR priorities is making the planes more realistic? or atleast making AA vehicles more realistically lethal to air units?

cheers, and thanks for your efforts
war_on_terra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
Tzefanya

The 1.2 BF2 patch is said to lower the hit points of all air vehicles and make the missile-lock more effective against all air vehicles. They may not have to make many changes.

Tzefanya: Protected by God
Tzefanya is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
war_on_terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzefanya
The 1.2 BF2 patch is said to lower the hit points of all air vehicles and make the missile-lock more effective against all air vehicles. They may not have to make many changes.
well ive been playing the 1.2 version and it doesnt seem to make much difference to me.

i mean personally, i dont even bother to react to ground AA when they lock on. enemy jets are the only danger to a pilot. and even then its so easy to repair and reload and maneuver that enemy pilots arent much of a threat either. once they do finally get you, even just a decent pilot can take out 10 or so ground targets. and considering that BF2 ground targets all repeatedly spawn in the same spot...well thats just taking candy from a baby.

personally i dont even have much fun when im plane raping.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Happy
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via MSN to Happy

The vanilla patch 1.2 has not been released yet so I don't know where you got it.

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #5
war_on_terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]=BONG=Happy
The vanilla patch 1.2 has not been released yet so I don't know where you got it.

oops sorry i read it wrong. i was thinking of 1.12. forgive me, im a really new player. got the game last week.

yay for 1.2 then
Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
Evilhomer
Retired PR Developer

Lol.
Anyway back on topic. Aircraft are really tedious to balance out, as otherwise they can become unplayable. We have a few options. We decrease the armour but increase manoverability. Or, we decrease attack power and increase armour. Etc Etc. Ultimatly, we are looking at reworking the jets ingame!

Evilhomer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

the main problem is, planes are powerful, reason why the millatry use them. They are fast, quick, and powerful, more so than any other weapon on the battelfiled. That being in real life, it is hard to cut it down to be blanced ingame.

The thing is, EA have made it so most ppl can just hop in a plane and have abit of hope of flying it. In real life we all no thats not the case, but the same rule applies to real life as dose the game. IF you are crap in a plane, you dotn have any hope. IF you are good in a plane, you can become very good and then can donimate with it.

I like to think a tank as a 2 dimision weapon, same with any ground target, then can go left right forawerds and backwords, where Planes and choppers enter the 3rd dimision where they also can go up and down. This gives them a acvantage to start off with, and then the rest follows.

The best thing to do is just to make planes ALOT harder to fly, more relistc ect which this mods i ment for. But then you will not cut out the toalt plane whors as then only the real good pilots will donimate, and the rest dont have a hope of flying them or doing much damge.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #8
Szarko

I enjoy flying and I quite good at it... Now i wouldnt mind at all if planes were made harder to fly, because that would make it more fun for us pilots...
Szarko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #9
Raslin

Planes are attackers, not defenders. With the exception of a few "strong" planes in history, such as the A-10 and Il-2, most aircraft are pretty weak in the defense category.

I suggest most aircraft be given good weapons, which they mostly already have(should have self guided missiles, like fighter-bomber co-pilots have), and just make one missile blow them up, or a few good shots from high capacity mg's. Also, make their weapons take a bit to reload, so they actually need to land on the airfield to reload them.
Raslin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #10
war_on_terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raslin
Planes are attackers, not defenders. With the exception of a few "strong" planes in history, such as the A-10 and Il-2, most aircraft are pretty weak in the defense category.

I suggest most aircraft be given good weapons, which they mostly already have(should have self guided missiles, like fighter-bomber co-pilots have), and just make one missile blow them up, or a few good shots from high capacity mg's. Also, make their weapons take a bit to reload, so they actually need to land on the airfield to reload them.
ya i like these ideas. i mean, i know air units are very powerful in reality. thats obvious. but in BF2 they dont fear any ground AA which is not realistic. linebackers are known to be very effective in taking out jets but in BF2 theyre pathetic.

plus i think people use jets are disposable toys. many times just ramming them in suicide runs. why? well they just respawn in like 10 seconds so who cares? plane whoring has its roots in the greater problem in BF2 which is just nobody values their lives. if respawn times were greater or other imaginative penalties for reckless play, then i think the game would be much more fun. but i definitely think in the very least that tanks and planes should have separate and longer spawn times than infantry.

Tags
aircraft, plane, suggestions, whores