project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs
Default how do you like to configure your keyboard

i used to think it was such a pain in the a## to try to hit the B button to talk, so i switched the voip button to R and reload to B. you tend to hit the voip button ALOT more than the reload, so it makes sense. and its sooo much better, i find it much easier to simply move my pointer finger to the R then try to hit the B with my thumb. its easier to talk now no matter what im doing, whether it be in the middle of a firefight, or while flying a chopper. that is the only change i made to my layout, you should try it out for yourself. do any of you do anything different than the standard layout?

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

im probably changing VOIP to F, i odnt like F ¬.¬

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/raziel1082/media/mareth.jpg.html[/IMG]
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
::Major_Baker::

i use arrow keys for movement (slide keyboard to left), and all the surrounding keys for everything else. my voipm and sprint are the small buttons on the mouse.

Quote:
i no this idea has already been posted and everything but this would be a big leap for pr mean fastroping in a blackhawk is comen with urban eviroments and heck in the game joint task force when u get reenforcements they fast rope so y should bf2 be differ this would half to be a thing were its limited to blackhawks and maybe the merlin but they would only carry a few ropes
::Major_Baker:: is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
ConscriptVirus

i got use to using BF2's controls and if i changed it id prob have to get use to the change. tho i do have the voip button assigned to a side button on my mouse

"These things we do that others may live"
ConscriptVirus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

I keep everything default, too much hassle as a tester setting up controls every single time that you remove and reinstall a new build!

Besides, I have an anti-RSI keyboard so some key combos are a bit difficult and it's best to stick with the default.

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
MrD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #6
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

remember when most games came with the arrow keys to move? or am i just a noob from back then. I was playing rogue spear like that for ages, noobing it up on 56k, while i'd get kicked from DSL server for lagging. So I'd make my own, call it "Free Beer" or "Noobs Only" and then I would tell my team to watch the window while I placed c4 behind them and then blew it to watch them freak out and say someone got them. Noobs.

I sooner or later learned that its much easier to use "wasd", as most use Im sure. R is reload, F is set to teamspeak, but B is still VOIP. I should change it, but meh... I've got a leet long thumb with +14 speed so it really doesn't hold me back much.

Middle mouse button is still prone back when I would prone dive on vBF2, still havent changed it as Its just easier having it there for when you start taking fire and need to dive without going for the button. Besides, I dont know what else I would use my middle mouse button for... does it have a default?
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #7
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

Most of us pro's use middle mouse for TS actually. You prone diving lamer

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
MrD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

F - prone
alt - 'M' map
middle mouse - main weapon (3)

GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

F-parachute

everything else- default :P
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #10
Teek
Supporting Member

I use F for pickup kit instead of G (now cycle item)
Mouse buttons for Voip and TS.

Teek is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
configure, keyboard