project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
cap`canabis
Default Neutralizing flags, out of order

What if you were able to neutralize flags , out of order?

i like the idea of having to capture the flags in a particular order, but was wondering what you all thought about the idea of being able to neutralize a flag so that the enemy cannot spawn? this would be very strategic as well

for example. on karkand MEC have only their base remaining, they have to capture the train wreck. what if they could neutralize the market and suburbs before capturing the train wreck? they would still not be able to capture the market until train wreck was caputred, but this option would allow the MEC to push back the USMC forces a bit until the train is capped.
cap`canabis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
CatTail

I would like this as well, as it is now it can become a mega camp fest.
CatTail is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
beta

I believe you are talking about the AAS mode, this is only map-specific.

Reasoning for using AAS: it concentrates the fighting a bit more, instead of most of the players running around in jeeps/tanks/choppers playing "flag tag", they actually fight for the flags!
beta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
Harven

I like it how it is.. capping in order.. if you don't like it, play the normal conquest mode... but it does help to make people work as a team.. even if they don't want to.
Harven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
cap`canabis

there's more to playing this mod then capping flags in a particular order, but i didn't realize AAS was a mode i'll read up some more. just to clarify though, this option wouldn't be like conquest at all.
cap`canabis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #6
DangChang

The problem with this is that it wouldn't be effective on some maps. Say, soldiers from flag D are attacking flag E. A defending soldier from flag E sneaks out and greys A, B, and C. He wouldn't be able to grey flag D because there are so many soldiers spawning from it. Also, soldiers attacking from flag D could send maybe 1-2 soldiers to re-cap the greyed flags.

DangChang is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #7
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Assuming A, B, C, D, and E are all in order, and the enemy holds B-E. A stealthy player could go around the well-defend B and grey out C. Although this wouldn't cause damage to the defenders more than losing a few vehicle spawns, it becomes a serious rear-area threat. If the attackers manage to over-run B, the defenders would have to respawn two flags back at D. Completely neglecting the battle outside of the current AAS goal's capture radius will cut you off from reinforcements for some time, just like a real-world envelopement.

This would also be a great way to minimize ticket bleed on some maps.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
Szarko

i like how it is now... it should not change, because then that would take players away from the action and make it a bit less interesting...
Szarko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
F.N.G.

Yes, then you'd have less team work and more people going the easy way around to get flags and points, instead of working together for a common goal. It would end up something like conquest, I think.

I like it the way it is. I agree with Polskas and Harvens statement.

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

F.N.G.
F.N.G. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

On the other hand, it could promote teamwork. Being the defending team, you would need to have people stay behind to work as a rear-guard, and being on the front line you'd have to trust your team to do that. Also, it isn't like you'd be losing a flag way to your rear, you know you could only lose the 2 flags closest to your enemy. This would take teamwork from both the attackers and defenders and in my opinion would promote teamwork and strategy. The common goal is the same: victory.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flags, neutralizing, order