project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

View Poll Results: What do u think
yes 7 53.85%
no 4 30.77%
Other... please specify 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 07:43 PM   #1
Anti-}{ero
Send a message via AIM to Anti-}{ero Send a message via MSN to Anti-}{ero Send a message via Yahoo to Anti-}{ero
Default MAP IDEA!!! really be cool to have this...

It would take place on a big map, with a river running through the middle.

I would really like a map that is a choke hold map. Where there is a bridge that needs to be taken and a flag is in the middle. With no Tanks or anything...maybe hummvies but have enough stuff piled on the bridge that the hummvie wouldnt get far. Then you could have a ongoing battle for a bridge and it would be nonstop action.

There would be 2 main spawn points kinda close to the bridges, so that it could be almost imeidietly a fire fight. You can try to move a squad to take the flag or set up a position to try to try to fortify the the position. Im thinking a map kinda like the Market garden bridge only like maybe a the bridge be a little bigger. There could be a place where mortars could be set up to try to mortar the enemy while trying to march the bridge.

You could have SAM sites outside the mainbases and outside the bridges. Add a few planes if wanted, for that close air support, and dogfights. I HIGHLY recommend that no Helicopters be added to the map since i would think that it would ruin the gameplay.

Another idea is to have the exact same thing that is mentioned above, only add another bridge and a base on both sides of it that would hold tanks, and other Armored personel for each team. So the tanks would have to cross a bridge to try to take the others flag. I would just like to see a map where action never stops, and where u would have to use teamwork to win.

to even try to take the bridge, u would need many men to go with you, and to try to take the others tank base you would need to go with a massive armored convoy to even get pass the bridges. So no matter what, Teamwork would need to be used.

Just a little though that i always wanted on a BF game...but couldnt make maps so never happened.

Reality Mod Supporter
Self Proclaimed BF:2 Medic?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
marto
Send a message via AIM to marto

That sounds like a good idea for the origonal BF2 but in this one it might not work because you could camp the spawn with one shot kills.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
Anti-}{ero
Send a message via AIM to Anti-}{ero Send a message via MSN to Anti-}{ero Send a message via Yahoo to Anti-}{ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marto
That sounds like a good idea for the origonal BF2 but in this one it might not work because you could camp the spawn with one shot kills.
How would you camp, unless the team gets fought back to there spawn point. Which i would think is ok, since they put up a great fight. With the tanks that would also put more teamwork into it. And with jeeps on the main spawn points they could get to the tank outpost quickly. Not to mention that if they get fought back with the no tank outpost then they couls still try to fight them back from their main spawnpoint. ill try to get a ghetto map made, to show you.

Reality Mod Supporter
Old 09-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
marto

The two spawns look close enough that you could shoot across
Old 09-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #5
Drew
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to Drew Send a message via MSN to Drew

Isn't this already called DC_Bridge in the DC_Final release?

Great map BTW

And what's a 6-year-old doing playing such a violent game? He's never going to enjoy kickball when he's screaming "Wallhack" from 2nd base.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #6
TheUnkn0wnS0ldier
Send a message via AIM to TheUnkn0wnS0ldier Send a message via MSN to TheUnkn0wnS0ldier Send a message via Yahoo to TheUnkn0wnS0ldier

With the new destroyable parts of the game you could make the non-clutter bridge designed for vechicles destroyable or even the infantry only bridge partially destroyable so at some points you only had thin walkways to use.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:16 AM   #7
Anti-}{ero

Marto, Tanks wont be accesable at the main base...only at the top spawn points if the tanks are added... As for the DC_Bridge level, im not sure about this..if it is then i will be very happy. Only, this would be very cool with the bullet penetration coming into play. If the tank spawns get over run, then they still wont be able to spawncamp, from what i would like to see is a wall around the base so that the tanks cant get into the main base, or even near the entrance to shoot..just a small opening where they can ditch the tanks and run in.

The bridge would be VERY large...and i would say that the bridge would be fogged but since i think the fog of war is different in BF:2 u may be able, but the obsticles would be so high you wouldnt see them on theother side.

By the way Dru..thanks i whipped it up in MS paint in 10 minutes...after SERIOUS thought of course

Reality Mod Supporter
Old 09-08-2004, 10:23 AM   #8
marto

Oh if the bridge will be that huge then you are right. I just thought the map would be the size of basras night.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:23 AM   #9
DrZero
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via MSN to DrZero

maybe you should put some dimensions on the side of the map AH :P
Old 09-12-2004, 12:48 PM   #10
Anti-}{ero

I would, only i have no clue how big these maps are sopposed to be, or any clue what would be a good dimension. I mean, arent all these maps the same size, just scaled down with the out of bounds markers around the map...

Im thinkin more of along the lines as Market Garden....From the base to the other side is fine, but it needs to be wider, so that u can fit a Spawn point that would spawn tanks on each side, and also leave room for another bridge and enough stomping ground on each side of the bridge so that it takes about 30-45 seconds to get to the bridge in a tank.

Reality Mod Supporter
Closed Thread

Tags
cool, idea, map