project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

View Poll Results: What should happen after a car gets TK'd by a friendly mine ?
The "owner" of the mine should be punished (current system). 40 4.61%
The driver of the vehicle should be punsihed. 217 25.03%
It's fault of both - both should be punished. 160 18.45%
It's no one's fault - no one should be punished. 378 43.60%
None of above. I think that ... 72 8.30%
Voters: 867. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to Deadfast
Default Mine teamkill system

Following this discussion about teamkills caused by mines I decided to create this poll.

The question is:
What should happen if you person places a mine and his teammate gets (team)killed by it ?
Old 12-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfast View Post
Following this discussion about teamkills caused by mines I decided to create this poll.

The question is:
What should happen if you person places a mine and his teammate gets (team)killed by it ?
Depends on the situation really.. if the engineer has been an absolute tard and mined the only way out for vehicles... then it's 100% his fault for someone taking out the mines blocking the entrance. If, on the other hand, it's the driver who has been too lazy to check for mines (he would have died if it were an enemy mine anyway...) then he should admit fault and learn to look next time. That's my opinion anyway.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
HellDuke

Both are at fault: the engineer because he didn't warn ppl where he planted the mine, though if he did he shouldn't be punished

The driver is at fault because he drove onto the mine knowing it's there or because he didn't check if anyone warned about a mine. Then again if it's like Psyrus said and there are no other ways out then it's not the drivers fault, but that's prety rare... There are only a handfull of such situations and it's not wise driving valuable assets into them.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
Engineer

Rather than asking who's fault it is, we should think about how to prevent such accidents.

Like:
- Make the ground near the mines red so they are easier to spot from a same team.
- As squad leaders can make rally points, why cant engineers make signs for minefields?
- If its damn hard to make sign objects, even a minefield marker on your map would help a lot. (Like you can see all the rallypoints, just change the icon to mine marker)

This is very simple and basic stuff... But is it going to happen, probably not.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #5
HellDuke

The mine alert for same teams were there before, but i think there was a bug where other teams could see the marker as well.. Guess same prob would be here...
Old 12-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
Sgt.Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to Sgt.Princess

To qualify my vote: I think the driver should be punished with the standard suicide punishment, not a TK.

BTW, I love your holiday-themed sniper, Deadfast.

Visit the Happiest Place on Earth, http://www.thebattlearena.com
Old 12-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

driver should receive suicide penalty PLUS friendly fire deaths for all he is in charge of making sure they are safe (passengers)

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #8
markonymous

i think we should make it so the engineer has to remember to mark the mine then all ally troops can see the mine. If he doesnt mark it and TKs he gets minus points otherwise he doesnt.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Like i said in the other thread, only suicide punish for the driver. This accident is not worth getting a player kicked.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

I think we just should leave it as it is. All these stuff take a lot of time of coding and might even be impossible to code. Every PR Player except for the new players and the smacktards realise that it wasn't the guy that laid the mine that was wrong. And if you actually get a system where the driver gets punished there will be smacktards mining assets for 'fun'.

Closed Thread

Tags
mine, system, teamkill