project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Default healt and repair bar

dont you think that an engenier or a medic should know how much a vehicle is damage/a soldier is injured in real life?

and engenier can see how much damage took a vehicle , and a medic can see where the soldier was hited to know if he is badly damge ,etc .

so, my sugestion to back the bar of health/repair to the hud of an engenier/medic .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 AM   #2
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77 View Post
dont you think that an engenier or a medic should know how much a vehicle is damage/a soldier is injured in real life?

and engenier can see how much damage took a vehicle , and a medic can see where the soldier was hited to know if he is badly damge ,etc .

so, my sugestion to back the bar of health/repair to the hud of an engenier/medic .
Theres a difference between knowing how hurt you are, and knowing you are exactly 50% from death, or 78% :P

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:02 AM   #3
Engineer

It's been suggested before, but the system that shows health/hull status someway like this would be nice:
Full shape
Minor damage
Moderate damage
Heavy damage

Same system could be used for engineers as repairing indicator, and for crewmen as vehicle status indicator. No need to play with percentages.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
Warmagi

good idea. But only if u are very close to the vehicle/person. But... its already kinda there. Vehicles are smoking, the worse they do the worse they are damaged. And almost dynamical damage system is implemented. If it cant drive its heavily damaged. Experienced engeener can tell, not precisly, but its always somethin. And medics if wounded helth goes down below 50% I think... correct me if Im wrong the health bar appears above his head. My opinion handy idea, but not necessary.

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude: ...remember to show as much respect to the new players as the veteran players. Todays 'noob' is tomorrow's 'Vet'.

Reddish_Red: We're fine...

Random.. ehmmm... "player": Give me the chopper. No. I want to fly. No. But I want to, get out from it now or I TK you. ... ... ... No
Warmagi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:16 AM   #5
Engineer

Yes, you can see the heavy damage, but not the minor&moderate damage.

And what comes to damage system, it doesnt work. In .5 release we could see disabled tanks&stuff almost everywhere, now it rarely happens, if ever. Tanks and APC's are destroyed instantly.

Or has anyone seen disabled vehicle lately?
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
MAINERROR
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to MAINERROR Send a message via MSN to MAINERROR Send a message via Skype™ to MAINERROR

No i don't think that it is a good idea ... but also don't want any hud that would be the best thing ever.

MAINERROR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
Jay

If you look really closely, you can still see the health/repair bars being refilled. Just look for the slight change in color/volume in the bar; if you're looking hard enough, you'll see it.

Help Project Reality in Australia, join the bigD community!
http://www.bigdgaming.net/
Jay is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 AM   #8
Petey

Send a message via AIM to Petey Send a message via MSN to Petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
Yes, you can see the heavy damage, but not the minor&moderate damage.

And what comes to damage system, it doesnt work. In .5 release we could see disabled tanks&stuff almost everywhere, now it rarely happens, if ever. Tanks and APC's are destroyed instantly.

Or has anyone seen disabled vehicle lately?
i was in the warrior with a turret that wouldnt move...or was it a bug?

Petey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 AM   #9
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

then i must be blind of something
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #10
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77 View Post

Something like this maybe? http://www.realitymod.com/forum/heal...1.html?t=25151
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bar, healt, repair