project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Colfax

Default Team Fortress 2

There is a Portal discussion but i am wanting to know if TF2 is any good. I am not big on storyline games b/c they are beatin so quickly so i only like multi player games like TF2. So i am trying to figure out if i should buy TF2 and if it is any good?
Colfax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
The_motivator

it's... unique, but in a good way, i think.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic5743_1.gif
The_motivator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Its awesome. Played it at an internet cafe yesterday and I need this game. (I was going to get it anyway, but now I know I need it).

Its fast and fun but has a good emphasis on team work and such and I rate it highly.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
Colfax

The cartoon aspect of the game looks like it will make it a good time. I was worried about gameplay though. TF Classic was kinda rough. But i don't think it had Voip. Wish they had a demo though
Colfax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

The gameplay works out very well and has good balance between the classes and forces team work quite well, as no one class can prevail against all comers and fill all the roles.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
Colfax

Thanks for the input Bob think i will be geting it here soon.

Anyone else played and have comments?
Last edited by Colfax; 10-15-2007 at 04:57 PM..
Old 10-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
nicon222

yeah its really fun and addicting once you get into it...only problem I have, is that it can be very hard. I mean when you join a random game and NOONE works as a team, it can be very very very frustrating. But on the other hand, if you get on a team that plays good as a team, then it is lots and lots of fun.

example: you choose and engineer and build a turret to protect your flag...but your entire other team goes to attack their base and you get overran by 3-4 people from the other team while your the lone defender of your base....or the opposite happens...noone goes to get the other flag and everyone just sits back and camps for the other team to come in.

another example, we were playing attack and defend, and my team was attacking, and everyone was like heavys and demo's, and like 7 of them on their team were engineers and they all built turrets to protect the 2nd point of capture. Anyhow to make a long story short, my team just kept running in there and getting blown to bits and noone would change over to a spy to take out the turrets. after yelling into the mic for 10 minutes for people to change over classes and help me take out the turrets to win the game, noone did...so i left.

nicon222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #8
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

I have TFC and I think it is crap. I was apprehensive about TF2, but it is so, so good. TF2 is just... sublime. Its so fun and entertaining. Its brilliantly thought out (every class is balanced, perfectly) and its just... great fun!

TF2 is way better than TFC - because the classes are so much more unique, identifiable, and grenades (and grenade spamming) have been removed.
Fullforce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #9
lonelyjew

Amazing game, I actually just got off of a three hour stint that was only supposed to be 40 minutes. I just loose track of the time because it's so damn fun. Get it, you won't regret it.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #10
Fishw0rk

+100000

I've been away from gaming on my PC for a few months now. However I just downloaded TF2 this weekend and OMG it is soooooooooooo much fun. I've loving the Pyro class. Burning Spies & Scouts is the shit.

The teamwork is pretty ass right now though. In my experience so far I haven,t heard/seen many people with mics, so communication is low. However I'm still having a ton of fun for a non-realism based game. I love the cartoon graphics as well.
Fishw0rk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fortress, team