project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
LeoBloom.

Default Calling roles?

What have you guys experienced with calling roles for squads i.e. Air Transport, or Armor, Sniper, and what not. Today, on one server I made a squad called Air Trans with another fellow but as soon as the game started the BHs were robbed from under our noses. This soon led to arguments and childishness, which I regret, so I just left the server. Do you guys honor squad roles or maybe something should be done with the mod so this is enforced much more?
LeoBloom. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
DarkTalon

I usually make one of two squads

Terror- coordinated jihad cycle attacks on warriors.
Merlin- staying in the air for long periods of time (usually at a high altitude) when someone spawns on me, i swoop down, let them out and repeat.

DarkTalon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

I don't agree that creating a squad named Armor or Air gives you the ultimate right to those assets.
First come, first served.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
daranz

Unfortunately, sometimes after making a squad called one thing you end up doing something completely different. There's always the option of disbanding the last squad and making a new one to change the name, but it creates confusion for the squad members.

daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #5
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

i make a sniper squad of only 2 guys almost every 5th game that i play.

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Eddiereyes909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
LeoBloom.

Eddie, but do people respect that, and not call the snipers (as in check that you have at least one squad member in your squad who is carrying a sniper)

Also, lets change the question to: What do you think about calling roles?
LeoBloom. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoBloom. View Post
Eddie, but do people respect that, and not call the snipers (as in check that you have at least one squad member in your squad who is carrying a sniper)

Also, lets change the question to: What do you think about calling roles?
no, i dont make the squad in the begining, instead i wait and see if i can get a sniper rifle, or a tank or transport helicopter,then i name the squad.

I find that its much easier that way

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Old 10-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #8
[DVB] Avalon.ca

personaly i think that naming a squad for a particular role would only work in an organized clan / squad, or leage match. there are far too many people on public servers that would like to proform a certain role for their own enjoyment, that would be unfair to every player. "I called being a pilot first" is not a right on any server to deny any one from using a particular kit. it might work in the playground for grade 3 kids, but it will only cause problems in the pr community.

[DVB] Avalon.ca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #9
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedDrunk&Angry View Post
I don't agree that creating a squad named Armor or Air gives you the ultimate right to those assets.
First come, first served.
While I agree here, I also think that if you establish a squad with 6 men, that you should definitely have more right than the one guy running around with a crewman kit. But, yeah, thats only in theory...

If you get enough guys in your squad who are specialized in whatever you are, I would definitely respect your squads role and wouldnt interfere, rather I would ask for help (Air Support, Armor Support to where I was if needed)
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Why dont you spawn, see what you can get then make a specialized squad?

its a hellaof allot more effective that way

Tags
calling, roles