project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.6 Feedback Forum
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR v0.6 Feedback Forum Feedback specifically on Project Reality v0.6.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:22 AM   #1
Winterfrost
Default unfair and unrealistic

I've been playing ALOT of PR since .02 as bluefrog or lynx and I love what's been done to the tanks in.06 but the infantry countermeasure to the tank is just unfair and unrealistic to both the tank and the infantry heres a video of the sraw's capability:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

and here's a list of problems and possible solutions

1: infantry are unrealistically able to stand up and fire at vehicles then go prone to get to cover

solution: require infantry to spend 2-3 seconds to lock on to a heat source of a vehicle

2 heavy AT being used as an anti infantry weapon
solutions:
A:teach the china mec and (maybe) insurgent armies how to properly aim a pistol so the ironsight is in the center of the screen.

B: lower the arming time of the missile to 10 or 15 seconds so people would be more willing to switch to a pistol

C: create missile anti-tank (predator) and missile anti-material(mpv) kitclasses (mpv) MPV deals lots of damage explosive damage but moderate anti tank damage the predator doesn't do as much infantry killing explosive damage but is able effectivly kill tanks by aiming above them (maybe this can be done by putting a heat box over a tank and when the missile collides with the heat box the tank takes massive damage

D: instead of having a missile AT and a missile AM class give the heavy at class one Anti-tank and 1 anti-material missile, which is something the game balance police would like

3 infantry turn become overwhelmed by so many tanks
solutions:
A: PLEASE return the double zoom back to the all missle weapons, according to the video I should be able to effectivly hit a target whithin 600 meters

B: you said that it was unlikely that you'll implement commander spawned AT turrets, but what about a tow Humvee?

C: more ammo to light AT

D: right now it looks like the heavy AT is an MPV variant of the sraw but like I said, a predator sraw would be useful... YES i know that the USMC has converted refitted all sraw predators with MPV warheads to deal with the insurgents but if a conventional army shows up to the fight then the predator sraw warheads will be used again

E: make the heavy AT class more numerous and with a lower turn around time often and/or requestable from Rally points. I find my team with 1 heavy AT gunner against 3 tanks on oilfield maps and thats just ridiculous, since they're issued at the squad level AT LEAST 1 sraw for every 8-10 marines

F: 2 mines and 2 c4 per engineer, why is an insurgent ambusher better equipped than an army engineer?

and since we're on the topic of insurgents; give them a re-spawning T72 if you plan on returning the British apache to al basrah

if you plan on having heat guided missiles the modern tanks should be able to drop flares and smoke, but not have a missile warning pop up because heat guided missiles do not raise missile lock alarms on tanks,(unless tank has radar and trophy anti-missile system which detects and destroys incoming fast moving objects

let me know what you guys think
looking forward to the next release thanx alot developers
Old 09-19-2007, 02:39 AM   #2
Emnyron
Supporting Member

Quote:
1: infantry are unrealistically able to stand up and fire at vehicles then go prone to get to cover
Unrealistically?

Quote:
heavy AT being used as an anti infantry weapon
O boy!
Im not even gonna comment on that one...

Quote:
infantry turn become overwhelmed by so many tanks
MBT`s job is to f**** less armoured stuff upp! Quit yer bitching!

Quote:
2 mines and 2 c4 per engineer, why is an insurgent ambusher better equipped than an army engineer
Shovel? Wrench? Accurate gun? Field Dressing?

Quote:
and since we're on the topic of insurgents; give them a re-spawning T72 if you plan on returning the British apache to al basrah
As far as I know, the `bow aint comming back to AL-B

Quote:

if you plan on having heat guided missiles the modern tanks should be able to drop flares and smoke, but not have a missile warning pop up because heat guided missiles do not raise missile lock alarms on tanks,(unless tank has radar and trophy anti-missile system which detects and destroys incoming fast moving objects
You do know how the bf2 engine works?!? Geeez..

Sorry If i sound annoyed.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:58 AM   #3
Ablack77
Supporting Member

Nice!

Informative video

Good arguement

Nice solutions ...except "more ammo light AT" light AT is not meant for tanks - light armoured/soft skin vehicles.

Nice post

I agree tanks in PR are too over bearing.....little tweaks are needed IMO
Old 09-19-2007, 03:04 AM   #4
Ablack77
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
Unrealistically?

O boy!
Im not even gonna comment on that one...

If you haven't got anything positive and constructive to say......why not shut your mouth????
Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
Emnyron
Supporting Member

My laptop dont support voip

Besides, you shoud realy use the Search option..
Old 09-19-2007, 03:17 AM   #6
Winterfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
Unrealistically?
by unrealistically firing, i mean that infantry pop out of cover fire at a tank and hide in less than a second and it would be good require the infantry to track the target so the missile can acquire the target vehicle before firing

Quote:
damn right i'm bitching, in Al Kufrah Oilfield tanks mess up everything with less armor, fine, but when a tank slaughters hundreds of supposedly combat ready marines somethings wrong and that happens every time,

Quote:
all of which are lightweight and aren't weapons, and the slug round is VERY accurate

Quote:
still I would like to see either or both of those vehicles both of which I love using

Quote:
I'm not a game developer I'm a player but several times I've been told that the BF2 engine cant do (blank)but then someone proves them wrong for example people told me can't it's impossible to create caves under the BF2 engine, then someone had the clever idea of stacking rocks to form caves

Quote:
I'm guessing that it's late and and you've got something itching at you thats making you cranky, so no offense taken.
Quote:
Besides, you shoud realy use the Search option..
I assure you I have
thanx for letting me clarify everything and I'd like to invite everyone to take some of these suggestions seriously
Old 09-19-2007, 10:06 AM   #7
Tequnique

Great post Frostie.

The forum is full of super-non-inventive re-whiners that lack creativity and the abillity to come up with ideas.

I agree with you at most points.
Dont have any ideas about them right now. But Ill ponder on things.

Teq
Old 09-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Tow humvee spawning at bunkers sounds good to me

Old 09-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #9
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

mines weight like 10 kg , there is no way that a soldier can have more than one , a rilfe , his gear , etc .

yeah , i agree that we need better AT weapons , like javalines , atakas or spikes .

and about the flares , m1a2s and challengers dont have any type of protection for AT missils (beside the strong armor) , t90s and types99 have lazer jammers and IR blokers .

and about the SRAW , the AT version is now converted to the MPV version , unguided .

we need all of this in pR , but dont expect them for a very long time .
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #10
Ragni<RangersPL>

-> All H-AT weapons in PR works like laser guided missiles, thats why missile warning system pops up (those are not heet seekers, there is no reason to lock on a heat source).
-> If you are overwhelmed by enemy tanks playing as an infantry... stop, hide and call friendly tanks or attack chopper/planes for support.
-> More H/L-AT kits and more ammo would probably change battlefield into rocket arena.
-> Combat engineer have a knife, shovel, wrench, rifle (with more ammo), AT mine, C4, binoculars, field Dressing, body armour. Do you really think that ambusher is better equiped?
-> Have you ever seen insurgents with a tank in iraq? T-72 is too modern for insurgents (in PR 0.5 they had T-55). Insurgents don't need tanks as long as they have alot more tickets then enemy and jihad cars, they are fighting in urban area and not on an open field.

-> I agree with TOW humvee, H-AT zoom... this is very good idea.

PS. That's opinion, you don't have to agree with this.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!
Do not post stupid suggestions just because you had a bad round in PR
Last edited by Ragni<RangersPL>; 09-19-2007 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: text corrections

Tags
unfair, unrealistic