project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
DavidP
Banned
Default Give us pilots an Increased chance of survival!

Please dev's give us heli pilots a higher chance to survive when left alone in enemy territory.

I dont ask for any drastic changes just an extra field dressing and binoculars to scout ahead of our route for enemies.

Also a special icon on the map for us downed pilots would be nice.
Last edited by DavidP; 08-31-2007 at 10:45 PM..
Old 08-31-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
BetterDeadThanRed

How often have you actually bailed out over enemy territory? I only have once and that was because I accidentally pressed E when my hand shifted over a key.

LeMazing.
BetterDeadThanRed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
S.P.C-[Reality]-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed View Post
How often have you actually bailed out over enemy territory? I only have once and that was because I accidentally pressed E when my hand shifted over a key.
same with me, i usually die in my aircraft. i would either save it or die in it . my point is, i have never bailed out in the enemy territory.

Last edited by S.P.C-[Reality]-; 09-01-2007 at 12:53 AM.. Reason: e
Old 09-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #4
DavidP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed View Post
A couple of times.

1. My heli is empty other then myself and i come under attack so i bail

2. My heli is burning and i cant fly back to base

3. I have a heli full of my teamamtes and i tell them to bail over water whilst i move the heli away to a safe distance to jump out.
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
CAS_117

I usually say I'm "going down for repairs" and then "misjudge my landing" by about 2500m onto the turret of the nearest AA vehicle, at least until I have some bombs to accidentally jettison on top of the afore mentioned AA vehicle so my wingman can accidentally press his trigger at the precisely incorrect moment that would place a missile right into the tail pipe of the unluckiest MiG-29 pilot in PR. So logically, by giving the F-16 bombs, we could reduce these unfortunate accidents and allow pilots to eject safely... and some binoculars would help I guess.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #6
Kruder

I wish they'd removed parachutes from pilot kits and u ask for extra shit .

As we all know heli pilots dont have parachutes...
Since there are only 2 maps with planes i think captain must go with his ship...
They can keep the redsmokes though.
Kruder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

OT, but related: what I find really ridiculus, when two pilots bailed out on Jabal from a BH, because they had the nerve to fly over the MEC controled area with AA and .50 cal equiped Vodniks everywhere and got show down. They parachuted down on the road next to MEC main and sat there for 10 minutes, just waiting someone to pick them up instead of starting to walk back (West Beach is what, 500m away? And theres enough Humvees parked there.)
'I just did something stupid that ended up in me bailing out, will my team all of a sudden launch a super important operation to save my nub ass behind enemy lines, while they are busy fighting, while Ill just wait here and do nothing'
I think, they commited suicide, got found and shot or just got themselves killed...

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

another filled dressing probably wouldn't hurt but you will just want to stay out of combat and sneak back to an area you can with any luck get extracted

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #9
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

IRL, dont heli pilots get some sort of SMG in the canopy incase they crash,

but then again maybe its just Black Hawk Down,,,

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Eddiereyes909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
I wish they'd removed parachutes from pilot kits and u ask for extra shit .

As we all know heli pilots dont have parachutes...
Since there are only 2 maps with planes i think captain must go with his ship...
They can keep the redsmokes though.
Right, because you'll really need extraction if you don't have a parachute to bail from your chopper, right?
Leo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chance, give, increased, pilots, survival