project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
ZaZZo

Default Laser Lock on, on AAA

I was wondering, why the A-10 locks on to the AAA guns with it's laser guided missiles? This happened to me earlier today where I (with regret) covered the noob NickO () after he Tk'ed me and stole my MiG twice in Kashan.
Well anyway I was manning AA at the MEC main base becasue the enemy planes were spawnraping, then I heard the lock on tone and I saw the A10 spam laser guides on my tripple A. So I died. From a laser guide. On a cannon.

So I was just wondering if you could get rid of it in any way? Becasue as I see it it is pretty unrealistic.

Just my humble opinion/suggestion almighty devs *bows before devs*
ZaZZo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
CAS_117

...So you were killed by a laser guided missile? And that is unrealistic because...?
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
NickO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZZo View Post
This happened to me earlier today where I (with regret) covered the noob NickO () after he Tk'ed me and stole my MiG twice in Kashan.
Only once and I don't regret it.
NickO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caboose View Post
...So you were killed by a laser guided missile? And that is unrealistic because...?
learn to read , he HEAR a lock warning , thats realistic because...?
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
billdan

cars dont get lock-on tone, right?
maybe AAA can be coded like cars

|TG-69th|Mix0lydian in-game
billdan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #6
xW0LFx

You getting a tone is unrealistic... but you getting tagged by an A10.. completely realistic.
xW0LFx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77 View Post
learn to read , he HEAR (HEARD) a lock warning , thats realistic because...?
Well anyway I was manning AA at the MEC main base becasue the enemy planes were spawnraping, then I heard the lock on tone and I saw the A10 spam laser guides on my tripple A. So I died. From a laser guide. On a cannon.

He says he got hit by a laser guided missile. You learn to read. If he is talking about hearing a lock on warning, that isn't realistic. Who cares? But he says that dying from a laser guided missile is unrealistic. That AAA gun looks like it has a motor or something and I hear servos when I move so I imagine that this would be enough heat to gain a lock with.
Last edited by CAS_117; 08-27-2007 at 09:32 PM..
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 AM   #8
{GD}siredmond

But laser bombs don't require heat to lock onto something. Just a laser to follow, at the simplest level.
{GD}siredmond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 AM   #9
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by {GD}siredmond View Post
But laser bombs don't require heat to lock onto something. Just a laser to follow, at the simplest level.
Its a little different in PR. Missiles only lock onto "heat" objects. There's no magic laser attached to the plane that shines onto the surface like in reality. The missile just says "I look for TTLASER (just a type of heat. TT standing for "target track" or something), oh look! That AAA cannon produces TTLASER too! I will seek it in such a way that the deviation from my nose equals zero". Which leaves us with this thread. Oh and in real life, usually you look for a heat source before lasing a target. Of course you don't need to necessarily.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 AM   #10
macho_borrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by caboose View Post
There's no magic laser attached to the plane that shines onto the surface like in reality.y.
This is offtopic but i just cant help myself.....

This keeps reminding me of
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=42nXsPcndpY

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Pozlp_wnkRk

anywho, nice day ill be slowly walking away now... goodb...

Into the proces of becomming a Groundtroop officer
macho_borrito is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aaa, laser, lock