project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:09 AM   #1
CAS_117

Default Maps I miss from 0.5 (And you just might too)

(least to most missed)

4. Muttrah City - Sure it was one sided, and you had about as much personal space as a Tokyo subway, but the adrenaline rush of smashing into a cloud of HE, or slipping through the gauntlet an inch from the ground is probably why there was a 24/7 server dedicated to it (which I could rarely get into). It was a good place for new guys to learn to fly and a challenge for experienced ones. You didn't play this one to "win" it (I sure hope you didn't you poor thing you!) Traumatic, insane, pure unadulterated fun. Looking forward to it in 0.7.

3. Steel Thunder - Definitely the best area where troops related to vehicles. There was lots of grass and trees to use for cover, two bridges offered an alternative to destroying convoys directly, and the control zones themselves were just fun to go CQB in. Looks a lot like Daqing Oilfields, but improved upon in almost every way (in Daqing right now I just find a new server because TV missiles from cobras go across the map into the enemy base. Fun at first but not cool to be on the receiving end on). Some of my best games were on this map.

2. Mao Valley - Maybe it was because of the scenery, or because I just watched
"we were soldiers", but 0.6 just isn't the same without this chaotic meat grinder. It was very nice and straight forward, so you needed a pretty big moron for a squad leader to screw this one up; the valley basically forced you towards the enemy. I liked it because it had a lot to do with individual tactical decisions. Always constantly trying to gain elevation and peer through the trees to spot something.

1. Inishail forest - It just looked good. And the map was nice to you. Thats it. Flags capture order made sense, and it was even for each side. You didn't have to have a vehicle all the time, just moving around, trying to ignore the scenery while looking for that guy about to pick you off. Everything was just nice and accessible. Loved to be on defense on this map. The terrain was really suited to people who liked a less fluid fight; lots of snipers and marksmen. Once you get over the insanely sniper prone positions, its got to be the one map that I would put back into 0.6.

If I had to choose between teamwork and aggressive play, teamwork wins every time. But theres still that part that wants to just go in and start making leaky helmets. I think that there need to be more smaller maps that just let you have a little bit more action. Like a Map like Mao valley was just fun to do. The only real thinking was just rally point placement, but most of it was just you picking the right spot. I mean especially after chess pieces like Albasrah and Kashan, I actually wouldn't mind a few smaller maps that are just sort of plain fun to do. I mean a smaller, faster map doesn't impair team play necessarily does it? And a "fun" map in PR is still pretty detailed. Anyways thats it.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Mao Valley - played that once, got the highest K/D ratio as infantry ever, but its all run&gun on that map...

I play Muttrah on pr_sp, so I dont really miss it that much

Yeah Inishail reminded of a city park, lol

Never played Steel Thunder, but a better version of that map is coming..so they say.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:57 AM   #3
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Someone reminded me of an old favourite earlier that I used to like

Oasis

UK_Force is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
Tumppu4321

Steel Thunder is the only one I miss, althrough I didn't play it much in 0.5, I've had some good games on it in 0.3.

I'd probably miss Muttrah, but since there is a V2 coming, I don't miss it.
Tumppu4321 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:21 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]UK_Force View Post
Oasis
no please Craig, dont remind them of the shittiest map in PR ever!

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #6
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ah, Oasis, those were the times... support ftw.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #7
myurko

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]bosco View Post
Ah, Oasis, those were the times... support ftw.
I once played a round of oasis with about 20 people, and on my teamevery single paerson was support except for one sniper. Those were the days.
myurko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #8
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

We need another proper jungle map in PR. I miss Mao. And more maps need shotguns, too.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Outlawz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
no please Craig, dont remind them of the shittiest map in PR ever!

LOL, when people call each other by real names, then it has to be bad

Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
[R-DEV]Outlawz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley View Post
We need another proper jungle map in PR. I miss Mao. And more maps need shotguns, too.
Got OGT, which kinda sucks lately for me. Somehow, I always end up on PLA and with the worst team ever.

Tags
maps, miss