project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
DavidP
Banned
Default Please do something about these admins who cant stand being punished!

Please dev's in the server license could you add something that makes it illegal for admins/clanmembers to have special treatment? My friend(Not really friend more like guy i know who play PR too i met in vanilla) Got kicked for get this "Punishing an Admin" I know it's a pretty small issue but it reminds of the Kof clan and their banning policy for punishing a clanmember it's pretty stupid and deters good players from the server because of their one sidedness.

I dont want Power Hungry Admins to ruin PR for me and others like they did vanilla. Could you write something that states "Special treatment of any individual with ties to an any Server owner/administrator is illegal" Or something like that.

EDIT: This was a .5 server .
Last edited by DavidP; 08-06-2007 at 10:14 AM..
Old 08-06-2007, 03:01 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Don't play there. If they are only 'jet admins', then screw them

When I first saw BF2, I noticed the admins abusing their powers to kick people for TKing them, or getting in the J10 before them, or simply wanting to fly the chopper, then 10 plane campers get kicked, so admin can fly it and pad tons of kills, since we all know, how choppers can turn into massacre machines.

Was stunned, since untill then, all admins I met in-game, were mature and didnt do such stupid shit...

Old 08-06-2007, 03:04 AM   #3
Harrelson

i once saw a player get banned for chatting too much on the server. i told the admin that was too harsh, he should have kicked him instead and the next thing i know im being warned for insulting an admin!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:19 AM   #4
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Yeah some server or another banned me in vBF2 for killing an admin in combat. The fyg0t was a sniper, I saw him, creeped up and knifed him. And no, it wasn't a TK either.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 08-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #5
wasserfaller

in PR, it's stupid to punish an accidental teamkill. It slows down your team, and it just pisses people off for no reason. Whenever i get tk'd, i wait for an appology, say "no prob", forgive them and go on my way. I've played PR since early 0.4, and i still often teamkill...it just happens.

As for the server you played on, just don't play there anymore. Assholes stay assholes, they probably won't change their ways. To save yourself from getting an ulcer, play elsewhere.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #6
Ikarti

I love this. You must be the only person in the world this ever happens to so the Dev Team needs to stop everything they're doing to attend to your problem. Do your parents wipe your ass too? It's a video game, get over it, there's other servers. Quit your whining.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 AM   #7
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

David,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
# One forum signature no larger than 550x200 pixels. This size of forum signature must not include any text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Your signature, Avatar, Username and/or User Title must not include any image or text which could be deemed as obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, illegal, racist or religiously inflamatory or otherwise volatile of any forum decency standards. See forum rules 1(3) and 2(4).

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 AM   #8
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Podedworny View Post
Please dev's in the server license could you add something that makes it illegal for admins/clanmembers to have special treatment? My friend(Not really friend more like guy i know who play PR too i met in vanilla) Got kicked for get this "Punishing an Admin" I know it's a pretty small issue but it reminds of the Kof clan and their banning policy for punishing a clanmember it's pretty stupid and deters good players from the server because of their one sidedness.

I dont want Power Hungry Admins to ruin PR for me and others like they did vanilla. Could you write something that states "Special treatment of any individual with ties to an any Server owner/administrator is illegal" Or something like that.

Friends username......What is the full story....?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:24 AM   #9
Metis-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Podedworny View Post

Agree.

-----------------------------
I also had this expirience
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/show...0&postcount=46

And there is a server with 8 reserved slots, only 54 can play, when admin join game, you will be kicked because your name doesnt stay at reservation list. At the time server have still 54 players of 64 possible.
------------------------------

I think best way is to avoid such servers, there enouh servers empty. But for that many players should think/do so. The power of players is big, when they manage to use it!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:45 AM   #10
Red Halibut
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarti View Post
I love this. You must be the only person in the world this ever happens to so the Dev Team needs to stop everything they're doing to attend to your problem. Do your parents wipe your ass too? It's a video game, get over it, there's other servers. Quit your whining.
Ikarti,

No he isn't the only person, it happened to me too, but not since 0.6. No I am not asking the Devs to change the licence, but I can understand David's frustration. May I humbly suggest that if you wish to be treated in a tolerant and mature fashion that you extend the same courtesy to others?

There is a world of difference between "friendly banter" and "insult".

"It is not the responsibility of a defender to leave the objective unguarded just so his opponent sucks less."
Closed Thread

Tags
admins, punished, stand