project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
noir-colombia-

Default crashing to desktop v0.6

i just downloaded pr v0.6 and it is crashing to desktop when i join a server and reachs 49% of loading. i erased all previous versions of pr
included the betas and reinstalled pr, im still keeping ctd.

please help

lovely yours... noir

El_Vikingo said: I only like 100% colombian. Leo said:colombian goodness

please visit:
industrial music inside.
www.myspace.com/manonthelivingroad
Old 07-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Dr Rank
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Which map were you trying to load? If it was Bi Ming this will explain it:

http://realitymod.com/forum/t24349-c...-ming-map.html

Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
vibes

ditto, except it happens when i get to 100% loading. boomf, straight to desktop happens in single player and multiplayer. system meets all the req's, followed the installation guide to the letter, the only thing i did so far was play airport 16 player (which worked fine) and now it works no more beeing from a technical support background, i even tried turning my computer off and on again. no joy.

i just tried loading airport (16) singleplayer and that still works. go figure.

edit: dr rank (i was going to abbreviate that to rank, but you know how stuffy doctors get about their title) posted that while i was typing, i checked the link and that doesn't seem to be the issue. might be i have an entirely different problem.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
noir-colombia-

well dr it was on bi ming, but i didnt restarted the pc after i uninstalled the previous versions, i restarted and i just have some fun on bashra, until i killed a civi by mistake

El_Vikingo said: I only like 100% colombian. Leo said:colombian goodness

please visit:
industrial music inside.
www.myspace.com/manonthelivingroad
Old 07-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Dr Rank
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-colombia-
restarted and i just have some fun on bashra, until i killed a civi by mistake
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibes
i just tried loading airport (16) singleplayer and that still works. go figure.
Hmmm, you sure you got the right version installed? Airport isn't in 0.6. Try uninstalling 0.5 (or 0.6) and reinstalling the final 0.6 release. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 AM   #6
mammikoura

yeah I have the same problem with ctd.
Had it in the latest beta too.

Every map and server that I've tried I'm back to the desktop the second I double click the server name to join the server. Doesn't even get to the loading screen. No error messages or anything like that, just goes to the desktop.

So far I've patched bf2 to 1.41 again, reinstalled 0.6, cleaned the C:\Documents and Settings\...\Battlefield 2 folder and messed around with the video & audio settings. Haven't been able to reinstall bf2 but I'll try to do that if nothing else helps.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:48 AM   #7
Wolfe

Some of our guys had the same issue. I suggested they edit the pr icon on their desktop so that the target reads +fullscreen 0 (instead of 1) to see what error they would get when it CTD but bingo; it ran fine in windowed mode. Switched back to 1 and then it worked in fullscreen.

/shrug.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:37 AM   #8
bosElCholo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibes
ditto, except it happens when i get to 100% loading. boomf, straight to desktop happens in single player and multiplayer. system meets all the req's, followed the installation guide to the letter, the only thing i did so far was play airport 16 player (which worked fine) and now it works no more beeing from a technical support background, i even tried turning my computer off and on again. no joy.
Ditto, well i have 1.5 GB Ram and my PC going on whit 2.6 GHZ. I didnt have problem whit the 0.5 Version. I renamed the folder to battlefield 2/mods/pr 0.5
and also the icon on the desktop before i installed the new version 0.6. Well i played the map BI Ming yesterday whitout problems and today it crashed always to desktop and now i find no server. lol
Old 07-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #9
vibes

ok, i just checked the filename of the download i got from gamershell.com and it was pr_0506_setup.exe :/ tried a different pipe and got 0609. doh!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #10
Dyret_ReVolver

Send a message via MSN to Dyret_ReVolver Send a message via Skype™ to Dyret_ReVolver

Oh good this happend to other people also, thought i had to re-install my whole bf2 or something..

Mjau...

Tags
crashing, desktop, v06