project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Patrick&Kyitha

Default Punished for Teamkill

Occasional teamkills happens and it's really sad that your own teammates are pinalizig you for it. I'll give you an example: USMC APC is aproaching. Got myslef RPG kit as an insurgent. Got around the corner, take aim and fired... Between myself and that APC one insurgent single bloke rised up to take his shoot (didn't seen him untill he stand up).He got hit in the back with RPG rocket. I quickly said sorry and explained on team speak that it was just bloody accident and got punished. Another time. Me in the tank taking another tank and spowning APC. In the meantime squad from my team went in there to do some close combat killing. Shoot from the tank and killed them all - both hostiles and team mates. Got myslef -41 points at that time. So there is a though. Don't punish for accidental kills. None of your team members is doing this in purpose. All those punishments are reducing your team general score at the end of the map. Put yourself in the position when you kill someone by mistake. Would you like to be punished?
Patrick&Kyitha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
El_Vikingo

Tell us something we don't know.

Go play on servers without the punish. Problem solved.

Doesn't matter if it was accidental, people seem to have their finger twitching above the "page down" button.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
JohnnyPissoff

As I've said before and I'll say it again: "punishing an accidental TK is a sure sign of a vBF2'oob gamer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
Doom721

I don't punish when im next to a friendly/enemy vehicle and I die... squadmates I don't punish..

THOUGH If you engage in a firefight from long distance and keep shooting, or you are nadespamming with a GL blindly, not throwing nades on a flag.... then I tend to punish...

I especially punish when you fire multiple rifle rounds, while im EFFING running away diving for cover... got shot and could see about 6 bullet holes lining up with my head after being dead...

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn ( .3 )
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
3===SPECTER===3

I never punish unless i know it intentional or if the guy doesnt say sorry after awhile.
3===SPECTER===3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

I think you can turn off voting on teampunishing, so that it is auto team punish. Some of the punishes I have had have been so fast that I don't think someone would have had time to reach and hit the right button on a standard keyboard.

If I get punished for simple incidents even when I say sorry, I tend to become the persons ghost, popping up between him and targets to get killed and punishing him/her until they get the message that what they are doing is just not socially acceptable.

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
MrD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
Desertfox

I give people about 10-15 seconds to say sorry or its a punish.

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #8
Smitty4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
Same, although sometimes if the TK was for a very stupid reason (shooting in spawn, bombing an area with no hostiles, just friendlies, etc.) I punish.
Smitty4212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
lonelyjew

If I ever punish when I'm angry which thankfully isn't too often anymore. However, there's nothing like being naded at a flag that you cleared single handedly.

As far as your tk's go patrick, you really shouldn't be firing tank shells when there are friendlies around. If you take out multiple teammates in one shot you pretty much deserve the punish.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #10
workingrobbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
Yesterday I accidently TK'ed 3 people - one of them myself
Was lobbing a nade over a wall, the nade hit a friggen TREE and bounced back at my feet, killing myself and the two guys around me (one who was an idiotic commander who was arty'ing our own guys).
Since I was dead, I COULDN'T say sorry so got double punished XD Plus the extra neg. loss for killing the commander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
I understand you're new to the forums... so your "Castle Fortress" would be just...(how can I say this without getting banned...?) not good?
workingrobbie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
punished, teamkill