project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs
Default HOOAH!! and ALLAH ACKBARR!!

many of us who have seen the various videos shot by the marines/insurgents in iraq know that both sides tend to be very vocal with theyre excitement after making a kill. the marines, often after calling in an airstrike, or watching an abrams blast a building housing a bunch of insurgents, will hoop and holler at the top of theyre lungs. like HOOAHH!! and HELL YEAHH!! like this:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=652_1173483799

the insurgents are the same way, after setting off an ied or downing a chopper, well, you know what THEY yell, ALLLAAHH ACKBARRR!! but no im not gonna link to any videos like these as im american and its hard to watch.

so my suggestion is could we add the ability to yell like this into the game? i really think it would add alot of depth to the game and immersiveness as well as psyche out the other team.

perhaps you could bind this to one of the unused keys, or add it to comm rose. and i would definitly say limit it somehow, like you could only yell twice per life or something like that to keep people from spamming. and make it loud enough to hear it for a realistic distance you would hear a yell. and randomize it so you dont keep hearing the same old yells from each side.

just imagine sitting being hunkered down on a rooftop in basrah with your marine squad, and across from you is another rooftop full of insurgents. out of nowhere a cobra unleashes a barrage of rockets upon the rooftop where the insurgents were gathered , totally wiping out the insurgent squad. HOOOAHH!!! you yell along with your squadmates orr..

your an insurgent hiding in a building waiting for a vehicle to drive over the ied you have planted on the road. you hear the sound of an vehicle and you look over to see a hummer with a full marine squad, as it passes over the ied you hit the trigger and boommmm!! ALLAAAHH ACKBARR!!!

mec could use the same yells as the insurgents. i dont know what china says when they yell, probly something in chinese lol and britain well i think they are quite a bit more composed but im sure they yell too.

does anyone else think this is a good idea? i mean it happens in real life so i figure it would be perfect this mod.
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
Rambo Hunter

kind of like the taunts features in other games, and it sure beats having to type out allah after every jihad.
I like it
Rambo Hunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Vaiski
Retired PR Developer

If you have a mic you can yell whatever you want to your squad mates

Vaiski is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
daranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Vaiski
If you have a mic you can yell whatever you want to your squad mates
The whole point is having everyone hear it. If you're the only marine to survive and ambush, and you hear 5 insurgents yelling about Allah's snackbars, you're going to be a bit nervous.

daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
charliegrs

yeah you dont yell it so much so your 5 other squadmates can hear it, you yell it so everyone in a given area can hear it.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
Randleman5102

Which technically should be your squadmates but................

Lol I like this idea.

You Are Now Breathing Manually...
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
DirtyHarry88

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs
yeah you dont yell it so much so your 5 other squadmates can hear it, you yell it so everyone in a given area can hear it.
This I like.

The IED Master
DirtyHarry88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #8
charliegrs

Quote:
Originally posted by Rambo Hunter :kind of like the taunts features in other games, and it sure beats having to type out allah after every jihad.
I like it
Yes TAUNTS thats the word i was looking for to describe it, i wish i would have thought of that earlier.

also, i have roommates, and if i was to be yelling ALLLLAAH ACKBARRR at the top of my lungs they would be both weirded out and pissed off. i bet im not the only one with this problem. thats why this feature would be so nice, not to mention THE OTHER TEAM WOULD HEAR IT
Old 05-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #9
bunny

i would think most soldiers scream for the hell of it wether or not theyre killing something. Although if you want to implement that, it might be a radio call (hold down Q or T etc...)
bunny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #10
jeffy777

On a similar note: I've always thought that there should be a radio call for "Good Job" with variations like "Nice Shot" or something else complimentary. Unless the guy is in your squad (VOIP), you have to type in order to give him a compliment and I hate typing in game.
jeffy777 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ackbarr, allah, hooah