project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Harmor
Default Sandbags, Barbed wire, road blocks for Engineers near Supply

Do you guys think it good if engineers could create Sandbags, Barbed Wire and Road Blocks if they are say within 15m of a Supply Crate?

The road blocks I'm talking about are these:

except that they should be able to be destroyed.

Barbed wire would be anti-infantry "barrier".

//TODO: Create kewl sig
Harmor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

so would engineers then also get a new 'weapon' called a wire cutter? cus i can hardly imagine someone trying to cut barbed wire with a wrench. anyway, it's a good idea.

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:43 PM   #3
CobraPhantom

Id like to see this as well, as long as you can mix the realism vs gameplay. It would be neat if there is a specific engineer vehicle where an engineer can drive around, and either set it up from the spawn kit itsself, or have it deployable off the back of the vehicle. The idea of running around with barbwire, obsticles, sandbags etc just being infantry wouldnt be right. Having a vehicle deploy them would be more realistic

CobraPhantom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
TerribleOne
Send a message via MSN to TerribleOne

Deployable Tank stoppers are made from steel and are normally the X shape which prevents tanks climbing over it and digs in to the ground to prevent the tank pushing it out of the way.
But tbh i dont liek the idea of deploying these becuse they are big and heavy and no one would carry them around.

The tank stopper you see in that image wouldent be too mch trouble for a tank to get over imo.

TerribleOne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Terribles right, tank jacks/hedgehogs are meant more for tanks, but they still work as roadblocks fine. Either would be cool, but only if its a mix between gameplay/realism.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
worst 3

i dont think the blocks would be used becuse it could not be set up fast and u would need a lot to block a road and a he round would make a x raod block go flying it sounds good but u dont have time in the game to set up 30 or so. (i dont know how many but u would need a lot).
worst 3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #7
TerribleOne
Send a message via MSN to TerribleOne

Dude... You obviously dont understand what TANK stoppers mean. These things arnt like 2' high they are like 4 foot of pure thick steel and tanks cannot move them. Thats the idea.
Unlike that little lump of concrete which would weigh half the amount of a real tank stopper and a little treat for a tank to smash down.

TerribleOne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #8
worst 3

Ok first I know a tank can’t run them over I knew that, but with a tanks HEAT round hitting 1 would make it unuseable. that is why there is never just one but many so if one is destroyed there are more behind it u cant waist all your ammo on them or you would be trouble. any way all I was saying is I don’t think it would be practical to have them. the time to set them up and in the number needed. (I know how big they are but they are not going to take large amounts of explosives). hope this clarify's what I was trying to say in first place. (Not that tanks can run over them)

and the mines are waht is suposed to be used to stop tanks and they are a bit more efective (like the barwire)
Old 09-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #9
waffenbaum

Send a message via MSN to waffenbaum

I remember suggesting this a few weeks back.

waffenbaum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #10
worst 3

i rember hearing it some where an i liked the idea. i did not know where i saw it so it, was likely you

Tags
barbed, blocks, engineers, road, sandbags, supply, wire