project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

View Poll Results: What should be done with SF kit
Get rid of it 58 16.81%
Make it a limited kit 69 20.00%
Make it a paratrooper kit 91 26.38%
Make it a CQB rifleman kit 72 20.87%
Leave it alone 55 15.94%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
Superior Mind

Default What would you like to see be done with the Special Forces kit?

Get rid of it?
Make it a limited kit?
Make it a paratrooper kit?
Make it a close quarter battle rifleman kit (As in it is the same as rifleman, just with a carbine)?
Or, just leave it as it is?

I think it should be made in to a close quarter battle rifleman kit.

(Hopefully this poll can end some of the debate.)

Old 04-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Wasteland

What's that hovering over the thread? Hey! What are you doing with that key? AHhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 111

Anyway, before lockage happens, I say make them like REAL special forces. Give them a silenced, accurate, semi-auto (maybe even bolt action) weapon (like a modified M4 with a tiny bit more zoom), an SMG with huge recoil, 4 C4s, SOFLAM, no body armor, no field dressings, no pistol. That way they'd do demo runs and recon behind enemy lines. And that would be about all they'd be good for.

They could pick off perimeter defenses when moving in to the enemy base, as well as defend against enemy patrols. They could set up ambushes and radio in recon intel to the commander. And they could do demo runs, defending themselves if somebody stumbled upon them.

But that would be all they'd be good for.

And limit the kit.

But none of your options include that, so I'm at a loss.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Old 04-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
blud

Add the grenade back to it and it would be perfect.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
Animalmother

Get rid of it, make it a forward observer kit in 0.7 when all the aircraft goodies come in. Actually it would be useful in .6 too with the mortars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]MrD
the mortar is an extension of his penis and he 'ejaculates' rounds

Old 04-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
Oberstafuhrer

Send a message via AIM to Oberstafuhrer

C4 and C4 and more C4

Old 04-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
interceptor7

I like the CQB rifleman idea, as that's what the M4 is supposed to be for. However, if it had the same equipment as rifleman, everybody would be using it instead of the regular rifleman kit!

Only way I can see it working is if the M4's damage could be made to decrease with distance. IRL, the 14.5in barrel on an M4 doesn't make it very effective past 150 yards. It's accurate, but the terminal ballistics just aren't there. However, I don't know if this effect could be recreated in-game.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #7
Smitty4212

Weapons lose damage over distance. At least in vBF2, certain weapons did (the pistol, most notably).

I'm not too concerned right now, jack of all trades master of none type deal sounds ideal. CQB weapon that's not too devastating (MP5, perhaps), SOFLAM, and two C4 charges. Something like that. Something that discourages their use, except when actually needed (demo, using SOFLAM with aircraft, etc.).
Old 04-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #8
interceptor7

MP5 would be a good idea to discourage them being used as regular infantry. The M4 could then go to the SL's kit (I'd just like to keep the M4 around seeing how so many of them are use IRL).

EDIT:make that an MP5SD. That would keep it with the whole Recon/general enemy disruption theme.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #9
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty4212
jack of all trades master of none type deal sounds ideal.
But that discourages squad cohesion and encourages lone wolfing. Wouldn't you agree?

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Old 04-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #10
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

all SF troopers aren't going to carry round those laser designators btw. Too large and bulky.

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Closed Thread

Tags
forces, kit, special