project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
|TG-9th|Johnflenaly
Default Jeep sights

Hello gentlemen. I know that in the future all mounted machin guns will use the iron sights. My problem is that on jeeps with the armour sheilds its difficult to locate targets. Is it possible to have the zoomed in view use the sights will the zoomed out view has it were you can look over the shield. Maybe also dissable the gun in the zoomed out view forcing players to use the sights.

|TG-9th| JohnFlenaly AKA "Johhny"

"I was following john on his crazy antics in TG AAAHH squad"
"Oh noes I'll have to make a 9th AAAHH squad now"
"Join a VIVA 9TH squad near you and experience the way 2142 is supposed to be played"

|TG-9th| By Any Means!
|TG-9th|Johnflenaly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
dunkellic

it is already in the game - press c to change the gunner view in all jeeps with ironsights

dunkellic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
SethLive!
Supporting Member

could the defalt view be the zoomed out view? its a little annowing to switch to the gunner position and be zoomed in and in iron sights by default. how about you start with the vbf2 view and press c to switch to iron sights.

Someone please tell me that the above is irony.
Or I'll rip my own eyes out with a sardine.
-[R-Mod] Masaq
SethLive! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
Wasteland

Hell's no. It's good to start out behind the shield. That way if you hop in while under fire, you've got that little bit of cover.

What I don't get is IRL, why don't they give the bastards some side and rear cover as well? If the gun can swivel all the way around, you'd think you could toss up some steel plates that did the same.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
SethLive!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
Hell's no. It's good to start out behind the shield. That way if you hop in while under fire, you've got that little bit of cover.

What I don't get is IRL, why don't they give the bastards some side and rear cover as well? If the gun can swivel all the way around, you'd think you could toss up some steel plates that did the same.
your camera view does not change your models position. you have the same amount of cover in the iron sights and in the wider view angle. Its disorienting to start out zoomed in and in iron sights when your in the gunner position. with every other weapon in the game your defalt view is zoomed out and not in iron sights. I dont see why jeeps should be any different.

Someone please tell me that the above is irony.
Or I'll rip my own eyes out with a sardine.
-[R-Mod] Masaq
SethLive! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
smith

It would be more realistic..and alot better if the ironsight position was the second camera position.

IRL you get in the gun position and THEN aim..you dont aim and then get in the gunner position :P
smith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Not to be rude to the PR modeler who modeled the GPMG but the iron site part is extremely un-detailed. Becuase it is a PR own model, would it not be possible to include a clear and detailed iron site, similar to the Browning 50cal machine gun.

So is it possible in terms of time????? I do hope you do not question the need!
Top_Cat_AxJnAt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top _Cat the great
Not to be rude to the PR modeler who modeled the GPMG but the iron site part is extremely un-detailed. Becuase it is a PR own model, would it not be possible to include a clear and detailed iron site, similar to the Browning 50cal machine gun.

So is it possible in terms of time????? I do hope you do not question the need!
Im guessing your a low graph user like me which means you see a fat triangle which points to no where in partiular and stops you aiming with the tracers lol.
At low graphics you get this clocky piece of crap in the way that impairs shooting. On High and med is sick.

When you enter the gun position, for the low grph user you will straigh away be confronted with a black pyramid and then have to press C to get a clear shot, which may take about 1.5seconds approx. Iv been killed about twice while pressing C to get my normal viewing mode. I think it would be better if it was the other way around
I.E
Get into seat 2, press C to go into Iron sight instead of Press C to get out of iron sight. It puts low grph users at a disadvantage.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Didn't know vehicles had iron sites. What is the command NAME as I changed c to crouch for me (I use the Wolf King keyboard with keypad, c is right by space)
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #10
Deadmonkiefart

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Im guessing your a low graph user like me which means you see a fat triangle which points to no where in partiular and stops you aiming with the tracers lol.
At low graphics you get this clocky piece of crap in the way that impairs shooting. On High and med is sick.

When you enter the gun position, for the low grph user you will straigh away be confronted with a black pyramid and then have to press C to get a clear shot, which may take about 1.5seconds approx. Iv been killed about twice while pressing C to get my normal viewing mode. I think it would be better if it was the other way around
I.E
Get into seat 2, press C to go into Iron sight instead of Press C to get out of iron sight. It puts low grph users at a disadvantage.

...mongol...
I have been wanting for you to start off in zoomed out mode since they came out with iron sites for vehicles. My graphics are on normal and all I can see as a sight is a fat, ugly triangle.

My #1 excuse for having a bad game:
"GET-OFF-OF-MY-KEYBOARD-YOU-STUPID-CAT!!!"
Deadmonkiefart is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
jeep, sights