project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:25 AM   #1
MadTommy
Supporting Member
Question Bullet drop physics. - Any answers out there?

I’m curious about how the physics are handled in regards to bullet drop.
Is there a guide/post that is relevant? I couldn’t find one.

1 – Is there bullet drop for ALL rifles/MGs?

2 – Is the calibre of weapon accurately portrayed? ( i.e. power x bullet mass = rate of bullet drop)

I’ve noticed variations in bullet drop between rifles that, to me, doesn’t always seem logical. (but I know nothing!)

It would be great to see a graph or something similar showing ‘bullet drop over distance for different rifles’
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Will, the bullet drop for the M95 Barrett in PR seems to be at a longer range. I've noticed that with the M14 I have to point much higher at a 150-200m distance than with the M95. I might be wrong though.
Cheeseman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:37 AM   #3
mammikoura

I think there is a bullet drop for every rifle, though sometimes it seems like the assault rifles would have a smaller bullet drop than the marksman and sniper rifles. Don't know if it's really like that or am I just seeing things.
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 AM   #4
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
...though sometimes it seems like the assault rifles would have a smaller bullet drop than the marksman and sniper rifles. Don't know if it's really like that or am I just seeing things.
This is what i think may be happening, but i'm not sure, it just does not seem quite uniform for all rifles.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

There is bullet drop for all weapons. It depends on the projectile speed (as it does in real life - mass has nothing to do with the rate of drop at all). It's more noticable on the sniper and marksman weapons, as they have higher zoom and larger typical engagement distances.
e-Gor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
El_Vikingo

You can see bullet drop in the tanks machine gun, cause there are a lot of tracers and the tank has zoom.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
SethLive!
Supporting Member

I know that the bullet drop has been tweaked for pr, could any of the devs release the actual changes they have done to bullet drop? Or how much each gun's bullet drops per hedred metres or somthing?

Someone please tell me that the above is irony.
Or I'll rip my own eyes out with a sardine.
-[R-Mod] Masaq
SethLive! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
El_Vikingo

You change the speed of hte gun, this affects the bullet drop. You changethe bulllet drop, you change it for all the guns.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #9
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
You change the speed of hte gun, this affects the bullet drop. You changethe bulllet drop, you change it for all the guns.

Speed of the gun? You mean muzzle velocity? Not sure what you mean in your post here.

Clan Name: [:NET:]Boondock Saint
Pub Name: Determined
Determined is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]e-Gor
There is bullet drop for all weapons. It depends on the projectile speed (as it does in real life - mass has nothing to do with the rate of drop at all). It's more noticable on the sniper and marksman weapons, as they have higher zoom and larger typical engagement distances.
thanks e-Gor, for the answer and the update on my physics 101 doh.

Tags
answers, bullet, drop, physics