project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Lugubrum
Default Calling ghosts, dangerous or nonsense?

Do you believe in calling ghosts? Did you ever do it and what are your experiences with it. I've heard some people get pretty paranoid from it.

I called ghost with some friends when I was a kid, we used a so called 'ouja board'. With numbers, letters and 'yes' and 'no' on it and we had a glass we all put our finger on. Then we asked if the ghost was there. The glass went to 'yes'. A couple of times we had an evil ghost and we quikly turned on the lights and trow away the glass. One time we had a ghost whoes name was Omen and he was 14 years old. We asked all kind of questions, he also told wat the color of my shirt was. We also asked if we were free of school the next day and he sayd that we were but next day we were not free of school but I believe another class was. They can't know everything ofcourse. One scary thing was when I wanted to go home from a friends house, the Omen ghost was on the stairs and we were afriad to go past the stairs.

What are your experiences or what do you think about it.
Lugubrum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
Garabaldi

Send a message via MSN to Garabaldi

Me and some friends bought a Ouija board and fooled around with it for a long time.

A few creepy things happened, but nothing to make me say "Oh shit, ghosts are real".

I heard my name whispered in the middle of the night, my friend and I watched as the lights dimmed and the candles flickered after we asked for a sign, and I saw a woman standing near the end of my bed.

Nothing to make me completely sure that they exist, but I beleive they do.

Yeah, I'm crazy .
Garabaldi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
Supporting Member

Me & 4 mates saw a ghost while we were out walking on Salisbury Crags one night (a set of small cliffs situated next to Arthur's Seat, an extinct volcano in Edinburgh city centre in case you don't know).
Lovely looking girl, dressed in a black cloak. One minute she was "walking" on thin air OFF the path, over the cliff edge, she then "walked" 30 metres behind us then............. gone. Thing is there's NO WAY she could have gone anywhere, we'd have seen her.
5 adult men sharing the same hallucination?
No frigging way. This was real.
We totally SHIT ourselves: one of my mates & I sat down VERY shaken & looked at each other with a WTF expression.
So..... I reckon I believe.

What's French for deja vu?
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
Losus_Deliosus

Though I do believe in ghosts, I bet you one of your friends was fooling with you by moving the glass around to the answers, because all it takes is one person gently "hinting" the glass across the board for the other participants to unconsciously push it in that direction too. If it was a ghost, he/she wouldn't need someone touching the damn thing if he/she wanted to move it.
Losus_Deliosus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
blud

Dangerous
blud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Wasteland

nonsense

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

dangerous nonsense?

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #8
lonelyjew

I've had things happen to me that I believed were ghosts(things falling down with no reason, hearing voices while everyone was asleep, etc.) but I think that was mostly my imagination. The mind is a powerful thing and if you believe in something enough you could easily see/hear something that doesn't actually exist.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #9
=HR=Drayu

Send a message via Yahoo to =HR=Drayu

just plain stupid (Dangerous)!
=HR=Drayu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #10
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

i don't think I would call a ghost unless I "had" to meaning, there was like a poltergeist or something like that. it's just disturbing them imo. I do beleive in them in something, I don't really believe in god but I beleive in SOME kind of after life, or something.

The night my grandmother died we went into her room to pay respects. The moment I walked into her room I notced this plastic cup thing on her dresser for some reason. As I left her room it fell over (no windows were open) and when I turned around to look at it, I looked up for some reason at the painting above her door (it was of angels/cherubs her favorite thing) and I had this warming feeling envelope me and made me feel that she was in a much better place. Kind of cheesy and heartwarming, but it happened none the less and was the final proof I needed to shake off any skepticism I had on ghosts.

Also the same night my cousin was at home sleeping. Now my uncle is very protective of her and was an ass and didn't even tell her that my grandma had passed and asked her if she wanted to see the body, he had just let her sleep and told her in the morning. That night though she had a dream where she was in this white room with tons of people and she saw my grandma in teh crowd, went over to my grandma and gave her a hug, my grandma told her that things would be alright. Well needless to say when her dad finally broke the news to her she wasn't really surprised.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
calling, dangerous, ghosts, nonsense