project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
NavalLord

Send a message via AIM to NavalLord
Default Pistols

Is it just me, or are the pistols really weak? I've been to my local range and Fired a 92FS, M1911 Colt .45, Glock 17, and others. I can say that these handguns seem pretty powerful. If I was shot by one, and it didn't kill me, I'd probably be on the ground for awhile. In PR the pistols seem to do the same amount of damage as in regular BF2. You have to put at least half a clip into someone to take them down. Is anyone else finding this to be the case?

NavalLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
noir-colombia-

yep, i like to do cqb with handguns when im bored, but it seems to be too weak....but comparing an m1911 with the 9mm of a glock.......

El_Vikingo said: I only like 100% colombian. Leo said:colombian goodness

please visit:
industrial music inside.
www.myspace.com/manonthelivingroad
noir-colombia- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
[DVB] TRIggS

yes they are way too underpowered. I think that, seeing as how it takes 2-3 well placed AR shots, pistols should be at 4 shot kills. Not many people get them so its not a balance problem, but at medium+ ranges they should be fairly weak to avoid problems.

BTW I think this has been brought up so please search before posting things, it cuts down on 2 to 3 threads being about the same thing in a weeks time.

[DVB] TRIggS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
NavalLord

Send a message via AIM to NavalLord

I was just saying that I've shot a variety, and they all seem to be powerful. You can compare two different caliber guns. An M1911 Colt .45 shoots a heavier round than a 9mm Glock, but the Glock has a higher muzzle velocity. So it packs a large punch. Comparing a Luger to an M1911, I can say, the Luger seems more threatening. That thing is like a cannon, and I would much rather be shot by the M1911, well, I'd rather not be shot at all. Back on topic though, I just threw those in their for variety and difference of experience. You can ignore the M1911 and Glock 17 if you like, since only the 92FS is in the game out of those three.

Also TRIggS, I did search the forums, and nothing came up. At least, not anything about Pistols in the title. So if it happened within another thread, then this is a pistol specific thread.

NavalLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
vanity

Do pistols defeat body armor? If not, this discussion is moot.
vanity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #6
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

A 9mm from a pistol to body armour wont do much I suspect. I always go for head shots with my pistol which always kills a guy in one or two hits, so I wouldn't know form body shots.

Also the iron sights on MEC and chinese pistols are soooo off (god damn EA... why take the time to do good iron sites on the US gun, and not the MEC or PLA?)

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
vanity

^^^ Maybe you need to squint
vanity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #8
{9thInf}Dr!fter *E*

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Riki_Rude_BTYC
A 9mm from a pistol to body armour wont do much I suspect.
Exactly! Modern body armor is rendering small pistol rounds less and less effective on the battlefield. That is one of the reasons that lead H&K to develop the MP7, which fires stronger rounds that can punch through body armor.
I think light armored troops like medics, combat engineers, and spec ops should take far more damage from a sidearm than infantry wearing the heavy armor kits. Unless you shoot someone in the face… then it’s a done deal. Are the helmets coded as part of the head or armor? The new US military helmets can withstand hits from bullets. I know its not anything massive like 7.62 but I’d imagine it would be tested to 9mm or .45 ACP.

Sig by Midnight; a worthless child
{9thInf}Dr!fter *E* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
Ghostrider
Retired PR Developer

The body armor of ground troops defeats 9mm and .44 magnum rounds, with minimum backface deformation.

Discussion is very likely to end here

-Ghost

EDIT: You can get some info here and here. It helps to search for data before making a post. Our Mil Advisors are very reliable as well

Ghostrider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
Wasteland

The pistols are just fine as is. You will kill your enemy if you get the drop on them at close range. That's what's important.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
pistols