project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Guerra

Default Everything Chopper & Jet related.

Ok, so I love this mod, however, I do have a few comments/criticisms/compliments.

First and foremost, the little bird is the most amazing fun I've ever had flying. The FIRST time I got in it, it flew perfectly, I managed to gun down over a dozen infantry with the little bird with MG and missiles. Was so fun. It handled great and I liked the fact that while its agile, its also very vulnerable.
I was in a little bird, and as the pilot slowed down, he got picked off by a sniper and the chopper went haywire and we all died. Even though I died, I thought it was just golden.

So anyways, no matter what, don't change the little bird. Its quick but delicate. As it should be.

Next, the blackhawk. I like the added seats, I think the speed is great, however the handling and acceleration are sub-optimal. Its way too jerky and the chopper simply feels far too light. A chopper that size is agile, but shouldn't feel flimsy. If possible, I'd like to make the handling and acceleration much like Vanilla BF2 but with the increased speed of PR blackhawks. Other than that, its great. I'm glad the miniguns are as they should be.

The US attack chopper (Cobra) flies nicely and I have no real complaints at this moment.

The F18 and the MiG 29. Wow. SO much fun. Best flying experience I've had. Was tons of fun. However, I have some issues, for one, the way the F18s spawn on the carrier in Gulf of Oman is a bit of a pain. Its just prone to running over friendlies, lots of chopper crashes and rubble make it impossible to take off in time to deal with the MiG in the air. The F18 itself is perfect as is, my issue is about the spawn location of the F18s on Gulf of Oman. I understand that a destroyed chopper should leave some rubble, but there should at least be a way to clear the runway of downed choppers. Perhaps repairing it with wrench could make it disappear? There should be a way to clear it. On a second thought, the carrier spawns are a bit annoying in that its hard to tell if you're going to spawn on an APC or on the hanger deck. Any way to make APCs or mobile spawn points have a different color? Would be appreciated.

Other than that, so far, so good. I saw on forum post about the Merlin chopper having doors to open/close. That would be a very nice addition. One thing that was nice in BF2 was the Huey transports could be LOADED with infantry, loading an APC or vehicles would be great too.

Anyways, please feel free to comment on my suggestions, agree/disagree and add your own opinions on CURRENT air units only.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
originalKK

Ref the F/A18: don't worry about the carrier deck, just reverse it off the back, hit full throttle and burners as it falls and she'll take off like a space shuttle. Not too realistic, but worked for me!!!!

I guess if we have F/A18s on the carrier we really need catapults at the front to fire them off. Along with the guy saluting and Maverick and Iceman.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
BetterDeadThanRed

Personally I don't know why they removed the F-35s from the carriers. The vertical take off helped to avoid all the tks from running people over. The F-35 still needs some tweaking from BF2 but atleast it's more realistic than doing a "space shuttle" off the back of the carrier.

Heh, I really want to see that done by the way.

Although catapults would be cool, I don't exactly know how you could code that.

LeMazing.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Wipeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed
Personally I don't know why they removed the F-35s from the carriers. The vertical take off helped to avoid all the tks from running people over. The F-35 still needs some tweaking from BF2 but atleast it's more realistic than doing a "space shuttle" off the back of the carrier.

Heh, I really want to see that done by the way.

Although catapults would be cool, I don't exactly know how you could code that.
Lol! You should enjoy the PR maps created! I mean there is such a wide variety and so many good maps, shouldn't be playing GoO.. On that note I can't wait till PR can break away from Carrier land assaults, so unrealistic. So isn't Airfield vs Airfield, but still the carrier assaults are a little over the top..

Secondly the F-35 would take a MiG-29 pretty easily, would be able to outrun it and out manuever it. Not being some big american omg we pwn you, but it's the truth.

This thread gets 1 wofl out of 5, for poor map choice.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
Jimmy_Smack

Personally, I enjoy long walks on the beach.

2010 +3
Old 02-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
Fishw0rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeout
This thread gets 1 wofl out of 5, for poor map choice.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
[T]Terranova7

Isn't it unrealistic for the F/A-18s to be launching from the LHD Wasp carriers anyhow? From what I've read, the Wasp really only supports VTOL aircraft and helicopters.

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/wasp/

Also, as I understand the F-35 JSF has been accepted into service as the F-35 Lighting II, so it really wouldn't be unrealistic to put it back ingame.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #8
Teek
Supporting Member

or we could have the sea harrier, which they modeling for the Brits

Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #9
Wipeout

You can model a British carrier too!

Old 02-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #10
BetterDeadThanRed

I'm all for it.

LeMazing.

Tags