project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
Laki
Exclamation Shotguns!

I have tryed playing operation phoenix as a combat engineer for 35min's now and i've got no kills whit the USMC shotgun. this suck's shotguns need to pack a punch!! i'am talkig like from 15m or less one buckshot shuold kill everything! i even shot a mec form pointblank (like 1m) and he survived?!

so i really think shotguns need's tons more dmg from what they are now.

btw i loved playing street in 0.4 as insurgent policeman that shotgun and the map were a killer combination!
Old 02-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
vanity

I'm pretty sure shotguns won't punch through body armor. Especially the buckshot, it's worthless.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
M.0.D

no, against targets with body armor buckshots are really useless.. but without body armor they're 100% deadly..

This message has been made of environment-friendly recycled letters and words from deleted mails and is fully digital-degradable.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
gandhicakes

Even with body armour, past like 3m the spread of the shot is gonna hit SOMETHING other than just the vest, and that close...well you'd wanna bring a pail and shovel to clean that up.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
tele-loe-

Send a message via AIM to tele-loe- Send a message via MSN to tele-loe- Send a message via Yahoo to tele-loe-

What about using the SLUG ammo. Thats like the best.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
Deadmonkiefart

Buckshot will not punch through body armor. Slugs on the other hand will. I have yet to get a kill with a shotgun in PR. They are so underpowered I would honestly rather use a pistol.

My #1 excuse for having a bad game:
"GET-OFF-OF-MY-KEYBOARD-YOU-STUPID-CAT!!!"
Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
Demio

What about replacing shotguns with M16s? It's them that make me not go engineer.

Every generation seems to have 20 to 40 I.Q. points less than their previous generation... They become more stupid by the hour.. - [R-DEV]Ghostrider
Old 02-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
Deadmonkiefart

Last game I used a shotgun, I was 15 meters away and I shot this guy 5 times.
He turned around and killed me!

Old 02-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

TIP: right click, going into shotgun sights, then fire, people die much easier this way, as you are much more accurate (buckshot)

Old 02-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
Deadmonkiefart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeZe
TIP: right click, going into shotgun sights, then fire, people die much easier this way, as you are much more accurate (buckshot)
Yea, that is what I was doing.

Tags
shotguns