project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
20 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Why don't people listen

Ok, here's what happened. Our Warrior Nation server was running nice and full on Helmand province. I had set up the servers automessages to say that the Landrovers should not be used, I did so because, as lots of people know, if an insurgent gets into one the server will crash.

So, putting others ahead of myself I noticed that despite this, Brits were still using them over and over. This is understandable because lots of people don't bother looking at the server/chat messages because they are too busy in combat. What I did was I switched over to the British team, spawned in, waited for the Landrovers to spawn and parked them out of bounds so that nobody got into them and the chance of the server crashing was slim to none.

Well, sombody walked over there, saw what I had done and jumped out of bounds into one of the Landrovers. He then proceeded to drive it back in bounds (just barely making it), THEN!!!! he drives behind enemy lines, gets killed and I'll give everybody one guess as to what happened next. Now, not only did this individual crash a full server (the ONLY one running Helmand) but he also broke the voip server which I then had to fix.

I know this may be considered spam but I just needed to show everyone just how idiotic and inconsiderate some players truely are.

Jaymz

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 02-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
soraflair
Send a message via AIM to soraflair Send a message via MSN to soraflair Send a message via Yahoo to soraflair

Shit happens.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
Mekstizzle

Agreed, what about the people with English names that don't even respond to a simple comment such as "Do you understand English" now you'd expect people with names like "sandstorm" to understand English but they don't reply and give you that dumb "" look (ingame with their soldiers)

Plus i always seem to be in the squad where the squad leader doesn't know anything or can't speak english. Sometimes i wished that i lived in the U.S just so i wouldn't have to put up with these guys. Ok, i understand that the guide and everything is only in English, but then why download the mod - if some German site posted about the mod why couldn't they translate the guide. This is getting really annoying!

Out of about 10,000 comments i've written online in BF2, only about 1% of those have actually been responded to or anwered. I'm amazed by the lack of basic English speakers playing PR. I mean someone was talking to me in German, i made an effort to cipher it and see what he was on about, i sort of made out what he wanted and did what he wanted. Now with an "International" language like English, you'd expect some people to at least try. I try with German/French why can't they try with English...
Old 02-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
Guerra norte

1: People are stupid.

2: People don't understand the language.

3: People are stupid.

4: They do it on purpose.

5: People are stupid.

6: Some people just ignore everything except themself.

7: People are stupid.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:52 PM   #5
{XG} non_compliance

simple solution:

Blow those babies up!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
$kelet0r

Same story today - warned everyone in my squad not to try and enter a British vehicle becuase the server would crash. Literally 2 seconds later, one of squadmates charges up the road and tries to jump in the landrover
Boom, crash
Old 02-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

jaymz, have you looked into removing them with some code change? I may be able to remove them by sending you a new server.zip for the map to make do until the patch.

btw, wrt VOIP, could you pm desertfox or post in that thread trying to get his voip working? cheers.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
Deer
Retired PR Developer

DR.Phil said that almost all of his customers says "why doesnt she/he/they listen" ... Tells something about how common thing it is, most likely because of general intelligence level which is very very low.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #9
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cheers Duck, PM we wrt the temporary server file

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 02-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
Lothrian

Insurgents can get into Landrovers? Well I never!!

I must say though, I didnt know about this issue ... but if some had told me I would have listened (I haven't tried, so not guilty).
Def needs to be a huge admin text and/or jumping into squads and shouting it by VOIP.

Tags
listen, people